3800 Bonuses This year Whoo Hoo!!!!

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
I am very Thankful that I'm getting one this year its been a long struggle with my company and things are starting to look better. I hope everyone one else company gives them something good for x-mas it could have come at a better time. I was thinking of Mods maybe just a little but I need to save alittle more this coming year. My son will be a Senior in High school next year.

Happy Holidays

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
Hrm....Thanksgiving was $20 bucks to Jewel......and I missed the Christmas bonus by 1 month and 3 days. :( I started my job January 20th of this year and you have to be there a full complete year before you get a monetary bonus. And I hear it's a week's pay too...no matter how much you make. :( Guess I have to wait til next year.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Add97gTp@Dec 9 2004, 11:18 PM
umm wow Bonus? Where i work i guess they don't believe in those...but they do believe in cutting my hours to 4 a week during christmas time...great bonus right?
[snapback]63377[/snapback]​

I used to work for Cingular as a cell phone tech... My boss was one of those nutty eccentric types but he was really cool. One year he wrote us out $800 checks then the next year when we walked into work he threw a 5" thick stack of cash at us, wrapped in a rubber band. After counting it, it ended up being about $500.

Touching on the eccentricity, he wore black jeans and a black button up shirt every day. His closet had about 20 or so of these outfits in it and we could tell when he hadn't done the laundry because he would come in with blue jeans on.

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
No bonus this year for us, unfortunately we have not had one for the past two years now. The previous three years before that though we got 12%, boy those were some great days! Doubt that bonuses will be around here for a long time. I'm just content with my job, and my paycheck in this economic state we are in.

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K@Dec 10 2004, 01:37 AM
I used to work for Cingular as a cell phone tech... My boss was one of those nutty eccentric types but he was really cool.  One year he wrote us out $800 checks then the next year when we walked into work he threw a 5" thick stack of cash at us, wrapped in a rubber band.  After counting it, it ended up being about $500. 

Touching on the eccentricity, he wore black jeans and a black button up shirt every day.  His closet had about 20 or so of these outfits in it and we could tell when he hadn't done the laundry because he would come in with blue jeans on.
[snapback]63382[/snapback]​

Man I got the short end of the stick on this one. I manage and am certified Tech for Cingular and I don't get crap :angry: Than again I don't work for a company owned location, but it doesn't sound like you did either.

Originally posted by rjaz gtp+Dec 10 2004, 07:02 AM-->
No bonus this year for us, unfortunately we have not had one for the past two years now. The previous three years before that though we got 12%, boy those were some great days! Doubt that bonuses will be around here for a long time. I'm just content with my job, and my paycheck in this economic state we are in.
[snapback]63396[/snapback]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Theautoguy
@Dec 8 2004, 07:23 PM
In this economy...my bonus is to keep my job!
[snapback]63161[/snapback]​

:iagree:

I think sometimes people loose sight of that because we took our previous over abundance of economic health for granted. I'm in the same boat as rjaz. I used to get a $500 bonus every MONTH, and for nothing more than doing my job! No quotas to meet, no goal or percentage of company profit, no commission, etc. You just show up on time everyday, do your job, and the second of your 2 paychecks each month included a $500 bonus. But same thing, it's been slower the last 2 years, so I haven't received one. :( We also used to have a Christmas dinner at a nice restaurant (like Magnum's), AND a $75 gift certificate to our choice of similar restaurants (Maggiano's, Papagus....mmmmm.....Greek food....anyway...). Sometimes I'll think about all the money I could have had, and get ticked. But then I remember a LOT of our competitors have folded, and gone under. So the fact that a privately owned company, without the weight and money a chain has to throw around, is still around and still provides me with a job is actually impressive in itself.

We're actually going to be moving to Villa Park soon to put the store in a MUCH more visible location. Our current location on Chicago Ave is a bit....odd for retail, to say the least. Half the people I give directions to STILL miss it. There's also a Bally's in the same new strip mall we're moving to, and 2 other gyms within a few blocks viscinity, so that should help out quite a bit. We canned our manager I guess (owner's not really talking about it) a couple of months ago, so I've pretty much taken over running the store. Already, I've gotten us better percentages off from vendors, taken care of thousands in returns that should have been sent back to vendors but were lying around, and raised a few prices that should have been raised some time ago (our cost went up on them), but were neglecte, and just turned things over all around 10 fold. That alone should help out how the store is doing over-all. The new location I'm predicting will more than DOUBLE our business, so I think things will be a LOT better by this time next year.

Of course....that's if I stick around, and don't quit to persue the eBay career I've been contemplating for the last 2 years... :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info