3800 Network guys...

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

How do I connect my laptop to my desktop? My laptop has a lan socket, so I got a LAN cord, to connect to the LAN socket on my desktop...no go. My USB doesn't work on this MoBO, so why should LAN?...Anyway, so I picked up a lan card for my desktop to try again...no go, both my desktop and laptop say a network cable is disconnected. I get no lights on the back of the LAN card either. Both devices say are working properly in XP, but I can't get them to work. How can I get these computers to talk to each other?

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Dec 7 2004, 10:06 PM
How do I connect my laptop to my desktop? My laptop has a lan socket, so I got a LAN cord, to connect to the LAN socket on my desktop...no go. My USB doesn't work on this MoBO, so why should LAN?...Anyway, so I picked up a lan card for my desktop to try again...no go, both my desktop and laptop say a network cable is disconnected. I get no lights on the back of the LAN card either. Both devices say are working properly in XP, but I can't get them to work. How can I get these computers to talk to each other?
[snapback]62984[/snapback]​

You can't connect the computers directly, you need a hub/switch in the middle, and then you should be all set

edited for spelling

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by jk99gtp@Dec 7 2004, 08:49 PM
Ron unless you are using a hub or a switch to connect these computers, if you are going to do a direct connect you will need a crossover cable to do this...
[snapback]62988[/snapback]​
Thanks for verifying, that's what thw support guy said too...back to the store!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by J.E.T.@Dec 8 2004, 04:12 PM
Ron, I've got plenty of network cables - straight or x-over - if you need any.
[snapback]63134[/snapback]​
I was at a meeting to evaluate some new PDAs for the field sales force today...5 hour meeting :crazy: Anyway, one of the IT guys made me a x-over cable...didn'y work. I'm still getting the computer telling me that a network cable is not installed on both computers. I have to re-load XP tonight too. My 30 days are up. I'm not going to pay for another XP OS just to get the reg key for a laptop with a cracked screen.

PS: Syp; I'm going to have to upload your PCM again! I TT Charles about it, and he asked me to send him your file to check it out. I went over a bunch of stuff in it, and compared it to a normal DHP. The injectors tables are definately whacked out on it. Everything else looks OK though. With the injectors off, your PCM is commanding your injectors to go static way ealier than they normally would. I'm 90% positive that's why you haven't been able to kill that KR you're getting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info