3800 New Race Car For Me

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
no, a silver 4 door turbo car next season which will be my street car

I would freaking kick your ass if i saw you bumping. Let me let you in on a little secret:

GP~Front~Passenger~Quarter.JPG

There is already a turbo 4 dr silver grand prix in IL :p

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Dec 4 2004, 09:34 PM
Hmm... I'm thinking of getting the GTP turbo setup. ;)
[snapback]62433[/snapback]​

what other options are there other than the car-tuning one anyway?

if i was gonna go with a turbo i'd want to run an ic also though, hot air turbos just arent as effective.

I mean look at the difference between the 84/85 gns (non-intercooled) to the 86/87s.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by Kyle+Dec 4 2004, 11:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mybluegtp
@Dec 4 2004, 09:34 PM
Hmm... I'm thinking of getting the GTP turbo setup. ;)
[snapback]62433[/snapback]​

if i was gonna go with a turbo i'd want to run an ic also though, hot air turbos just arent as effective.

I mean look at the difference between the 84/85 gns (non-intercooled) to the 86/87s.
[snapback]62444[/snapback]​
[/b]

Well the intake manifold doesnt change so if you want to run an IC with the Turbo you should, shouldnt it? The only thing i see is the snout being removed and covered.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
You could remove the snout and rotors and cover it, OR, buy an L36 plenum and LIM, and sell your L67 LIM and supercharger to the l36 community that are looking at m90 kits.

It would be cheaper in the end to do that.

Dont listen to fish...he is insane :p :lolsign:

No but seriously, Dont switch to the l36 stuff. Its crappy quality, and way more work then you need to do. I will be switching to a custom upper intake manifold in about a month. Im designing it myself, and it will bolt onto the lower l67 manifold. So a IC could be used, though you would really want an air/air IC.

The only problem i see with using the l67 ICs with that cartuning kit is that your raising the tb about 2 inches. So your intake piping from the turbo to the TB may not work anymore. So you would need to have a new intake piping made. Which wouldnt be that hard with a couple hours, a welder, hacksaw, and some mandrel pipe bends.

Stattama is your other option.  They will be shipping kits next spring.  But you can get a custom one installed by them now. 
Also, Stattama will be coming out with custom upper intake manifolds this winter.  Im not sure when though, cause the time i was qouted has come and gone. 

Hmm... I'm thinking of getting the GTP turbo setup.

But you just got the headers.... :(

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The stock L36 plenum is poor quality. Ill give you that. There is a company that sells a better version of it though. I honestly forgot the address. You could also fab an L26 (04 GT) aluminum plenum. However, you would have to get a TB adapter since GM used the cordless TB, as I like to call it.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Yea its Dorman:

http://www.northernautoparts.com/ProductMo...uctModelId=9088

If thats what your talking about...well they are still crap. That is what i have on my car. Bought if from Northern Autoparts. It may be better than stock, but its still pretty bad. I cracked one of the bolt holes and i wasnt even to a 1/4 of the recommended torque specs.

this is just and idea not certain

Do it....we need everyone on ILGPC to go turbo :p But you dont pass the requirements...Not enough of your car is silver.... :lolsign:

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by GTPHales-Wife@Dec 4 2004, 11:49 AM
Bumpin, You need to come and get the car ASAP!  Our assocation put a tow sticker on it this morning, Like I said what would happen.  It may be gone in 7 days or less.
[snapback]62388[/snapback]​

Wont move into a homeowners association....No offense. Dont mean to hijack but some of them are pretty bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info