3800 Pace Car Club events in 2005

daytona2000

Dec 3, 2008
Hey,

This is my first post, as I am a brand new member to the Illinois Grand Prix Club. I have always liked the GTPs, and always wanted one. Then I went all out, and bought a retired Pace Car. In 2000, they made 2,000 Daytona 500 Pace Car Edition Grand Prixs. They took two of those, and converted them into Pace Cars for the 2000 Daytona 500. My car is one of those two.

I bought the car in July, 2004, and have joined several Grand prix Clubs since then. I just found the ILGPC today.

I joined the Pace Car Club of America, and did a PRE RACE lap at the GFS Marketplace 400 at Michigan Intl Speedway in August 04. For those of you that own the 1998 or 2000 Pace Car Editions, or any NASCAR Pace Cars, these events are a blast. You get to display your cars, do a lap in front of the crowd, and help out a couple of charities. It makes for a fun weekend...

I set up a page if anyone is interested about what happens at these events, and how to get involved. (The Michigan Race was my first event so far, but I look forward to going to many more). I have become an INSTANT PONTIAC GRAND PRIX ADDICT!

The website is:

http://www.angelfire.com/ill/dayton...raceevents.html

Anyway, the club so far is planning on four NEXTEL CUP RACES next year, and two of them are in the MIDWEST (Brickyard 400 Aug 6-7 and Michigan Aug 20-21. The two other races are at LOWES Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC). If you are interested at all, check out my page about how to get involved. I am just a member of the club, the club President is in Buffalo NY.

I look forward to being a club member! Feel free to email me. I love to hear from other Pace Car owners. Thanks!!!

George Tuominen Bradley, IL [email protected]

2000 Daytona 500 Pace Car
2001 Daytona 500 Promo Car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• D
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list