3800 ABS problems

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
:angry: I typed everything clicked the wrong button and lost it all. So I will supply info as needed.

While driving I sometimes get a "Low Trac" light for no reason. When the Low Trac light comes on I can hear the ABS system pulsating or doing what it does. Sometimes this occurs while accelerating, sometimes while switching gears, sometimes while turning the wheel far left (or is it right?), sometimes whil hitting bumps, and sometimes not at all. Usually after a while of this happening, or sometimes right away, the ABS/SVS Lights comes on with the Trac off (since they are connected systems).

How can I find out the stored codes, and what the heck is going on? is my ABS/Trac System dying? i have an aftermarket warranty, but driving the car an hour and a half, one way, to have them send it somewhere is a little outrageous for something simple/cheap, especially if it decides to not even act up for them :angry: .

Thanks Guys

-Nick

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
First check the wheel/speed sensor on the hub and make sure it does not have a loose connection..and make sure you have enough wire clearence when turning the wheel all the way to the right and to the left. CHeck both sides.. if the connections look good than:::

One of your wheel hubs needs to be replaced.

When both lights go on..and you can feel the ABS pulsating..but not fully engaging this is the sign of a worn HUB/ABS/SPEED sensor.
You will need to replace this.

Mine got to the point where the ABS wont even engage.. I have been meaning to change out the HUB but the weather has been keeping me from doing this.. I have the part number for the entire HUB/Sensor assay.. I picked mine up from Maverick Auto PArts in the city. They axtually stock this part..

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Thanks, I will check to make sure all the connections are tight, aswell as the clearences. 2 hubs have been replaced already (FR, RR) so if its not a loose connection or a wiring harness getting destroyed, it must be one of the left side hubs. Is there anyway a normal scanner can read the ABS/BCM codes?

Recently it does this sometimes when I back out of my driveway and switch gears (car goes over a bump or 2) the ABS engages (as well as low trac light comes on) enough to the point where it holds the car from moving (idle-slight throttle) then lets go. Just that makes me think loose connection, but I will check everything out that I can visually first, thanks for your help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SaturdaysGS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list