3800 Does this sound right?

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
My gas milage blows. I just went and got gas, i was about 4 little dash marks above empty, and i only had 150 miles on the trip. my digital thingy said i got only 16.3 mpg. does this sounds right? I just put a new air filter in the car to like 2 weeks ago. But does everyone else get gas milage like this?? This was without any highway driving and i made sure not to get on the gas at all just to see what kinda milage i would get.

I

imported_snoop

my car runs cold as hell. my temp never gets above 170 and now with winter here, you could imagine what it is now. when it is winter, i just looked at my dic and it said i think like 12.7 with some OLD 103 plugs. i have to change those out like yesterday. and my filter has to be cleaned. but in the cold, because my car runs soooo damn cold, my gas milage for the winter SUCKS. at best i bet i get about maybe what you are getting right now (and i got a heavy foot). but in the summer when the car does "heat" up sometimes, on the highway i've gotten 32 before. and like 22 just driving around. what all are your mods. that has a lot to do with it. and the way you drive also

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by snoop@Nov 29 2004, 01:27 PM
my car runs cold as hell. my temp never gets above 170 and now with winter here, you could imagine what it is now. when it is winter, i just looked at my dic and it said i think like 12.7 with some OLD 103 plugs. i have to change those out like yesterday. and my filter has to be cleaned. but in the cold, because my car runs soooo damn cold, my gas milage for the winter SUCKS. at best i bet i get about maybe what you are getting right now (and i got a heavy foot). but in the summer when the car does "heat" up sometimes, on the highway i've gotten 32 before. and like 22 just driving around. what all are your mods. that has a lot to do with it. and the way you drive also
[snapback]61672[/snapback]​

I have no mods, and like i said i just drove normal for this tank, didn't get on it once just to see what kinda milage i got.

F

fastcash

next time, make sure you fill it up, start it, hold the reset button for a few seconds, drive as you normally would, keeping the car running as long as possible i.e. go to the drive trhough mc d's, go downtown, cruise around...and gas milage on the highway is better anyways.
i got 38 mpg on a trip to galesburg running 100 octane! ;)

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
i get about 20mpg city, and that is with the occasional WOT here and there
wink.gif

I think it is best if you got a tuneup

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list