3800 Custom Grand Prix Cubby Gauge Pod Gen 2

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well guys, i dont know how many of you remember me making my own gauge pod a while back. Well....I decided to sell my gauges, for some extra money. So I was trying to sell the gauge pod, when someone as if I could make them one...but smoother...better. So I went ahead and did it. So here is the final result:

Gauge~Pod~40.jpg

Gauge~Pod~41.jpg

Gauge~Pod~42.jpg

Here is my webpage, where I give a brief process description.

http://s92003205.onlinehome.us/16644.html

Let me know what you think :D

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
VERY :D

There are just some small modifications that have to be made to the car. One...ashtray removed. Second, small grinding on inside of dash cover. Its were the gauge would rub the dash. 3....one post of the gauge (the mounting post) would have to be cut down a bit...or it will hit the inside of the cubby area.

The other option is a 2 pod gauge pod. I will be making a 2 gauge pod for my brother for christmas. It will move the gauges in more, so no modifications would be necessary..except removing the ashtray.

As soon as I ship this out...the guy is going to look it over, and give me his opinion...on any improvements and such. Afterwards...i was going to offer to make them for people. The more people I can get to buy....the cheaper it cost me to make....and the cheaper I can get them out. So I was going to look for a "group buy" type of deal. So I can order everything at once, cut everything at once, mold everything at once, paint everything at once, and ship everything at once.

PS: If this type of talk is against board rules please delete this post. Thank you :)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Nov 29 2004, 01:41 AM
VERY :D

There are just some small modifications that have to be made to the car.  One...ashtray removed.  Second, small grinding on inside of dash cover.  Its were the gauge would rub the dash.  3....one post of the gauge (the mounting post) would have to be cut down a bit...or it will hit the inside of the cubby area. 

The other option is a 2 pod gauge pod.  I will be making a 2 gauge pod for my brother for christmas.  It will move the gauges in more, so no modifications would be necessary..except removing the ashtray. 

As soon as I ship this out...the guy is going to look it over, and give me his opinion...on any improvements and such.  Afterwards...i was going to offer to make them for people.  The more people I can get to buy....the cheaper it cost me to make....and the cheaper I can get them out.  So I was going to look for a "group buy" type of deal.  So I can order everything at once, cut everything at once, mold everything at once, paint everything at once, and ship everything at once. 

PS:  If this type of talk is against board rules please delete this post.  Thank you :)
[snapback]61618[/snapback]​

I also would like one. I want to get rid of the A pillar gauges.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
The more the merrier :D

Mike, are you an Autometer dealer? I ordered my last set of angle rings from pfyc.com. When I went back to check prices on 10 sets, they want $27 to ship them. So I didnt know if you had any plan on selling these, or could at least get them for a decent price. The cheaper I get them the cheaper I can sell these :p

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Nov 30 2004, 12:29 AM
The more the merrier :D

Mike, are you an Autometer dealer?  I ordered my last set of angle rings from pfyc.com.  When I went back to check prices on 10 sets, they want $27 to ship them.  So I didnt know if you had any plan on selling these, or could at least get them for a decent price.  The cheaper I get them the cheaper I can sell these :p
[snapback]61755[/snapback]​

What's the part number on them. I can check for you.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Dependent on how much these rings cost. But it wont be more than $40 + shipping. Which I feel is reasonable, I would be making a little off each one, but its money for my time. Plus, If you buy one, I send it to you, and if there are any problems, or you dont like it, you can ship it back to me, and I will refund all your money. You would just be out the $5 or so for shipping it back. I feel thats reasonable. I wont let anything go out that I think is crap. If you get something that you think is crap, i would be looking for real info....like what dont you like what could be improved ect.

I am very willing to work with people. One guy on the Iowa board, suggested a two gauge pod with an iccu location. Which I could do, i just need more info.

If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanx.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Cool :D

Mike, I emailed pfyc about their absurd shipping, he said it was an error and has fixed it. I can get 10 sets of angle rings (they come in 3) for $88 (shipped) before tax. If its too much trouble for you, then dont worry about it, but if you can get them cheaper...thats good to :p

Also I would like to make it clear, that these would not be ready until january. I am in my final three weeks of school for this semester, and will not have any time to do the work. But I should be able to get purchasing and cutting done over my break and then get them molded early january. Would be able to have them out late january. Hope thats ok for people :)

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
This is pretty neat actually, I have been contemplating getting some gauges as well, but just not a huge fan of the pillar style. I would be interested in picking up a 2 or 3 gaugae setup from ya.

I see the final product on your website (installed that is) and it looks good. Let me know when these become available and I would pick one up for $40 some odd bucks.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Thanx again guys. Glad to see my hard work not go ignored :D

Well I am starting to buy the materials for additional pods. I am going to need to do some pre cut measuring and what not. So i need to see what people are interested in to get a rough idea.

3 gauge pod will require modification to the back side of your dash and one gauge mounting post, as i described.

2 gauge pod will not require modification if gauges on centralized.

2 gauge pod with room for switch may require modification depending on switch setup.

1,2,3 gauge pod and ICCU. I need information on the size of the mounting area needed for the iccu and its buttons. From pictures my best estimate would be a 1 gauge pod/ICCU combo would require no modification. With a two gauge or three gauge pod and ICCU i may just drop the bottom of the gauge anothe two inches. This would limit cubby room, but you should still be able to get your hand in there. The ICCU would then be mounted below the guages.

Custom whatever....I can cut a generic base, and then buttons, ICCU, etc could be mounted to it. Can raise them, angle them, really up to your imagination.

So just let me know what you guys would be interested in. And if you for sure want one let me know what it is. As i said, custom isnt a problem. :D

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Great guys, thanx for the info. Looks like most are interested in a 2 gauge. Ill remember that.

For anyone with an iccu, could you please send me some measurements of the layout. Where are the bolt holes? How thick is the screen, from the circuit board? Measurements and a pictures are a must. I would like some time to come up wit something. I would like it to look professional, so as much info as you can give me. My email address is [email protected] . Thanx.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info