3800 Xbox info

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Whats up peeps. I was crazy and got up at 5 in the morning to get to walmart to pick up their xbox bundle. It was alot of craziness, but I did get one. :D I rule!!

Now, I was going to buy a hard drive and a chip then have it put in. I was wondering if there was a specific hard drive that you can only use for the xbox. I think there is, but I forgot the info. Any help would be cool.

TIA.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It was 149, but you got 2 games and 2 months of xbox live for free. Top spin and NCAA Football 2005. Im not a big sports game fan, so I figure Ill sell the games and the xbox live code and put that towards the money to mod it.

Only shitty thing is that both games are one one DVD.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
Originally posted by Fish@Nov 27 2004, 03:27 PM
It was 149, but you got 2 games and 2 months of xbox live for free. Top spin and NCAA Football 2005. Im not a big sports game fan, so I figure Ill sell the games and the xbox live code and put that towards the money to mod it.

Only shitty thing is that both games are one one DVD.
[snapback]61486[/snapback]​
isn't that the normal price? i'm pretty sure it is. why do you need a different hard drive, it already comes with one. but you should take it back while you still can. xbox is a waste of money. i had an xbox for like a month and i didn't like it, i even had halo and project gotham. that xbox i had has had at least 4 owners. i bought it off a guy i work with cuz he didn't like it, then after having it for a month and got tired of it i sold it to another guy i work with, and then he ended up selling it because he didn't like it either. i think i played my ps2 more even though the xbox was newer to me. in my opinion the ps2 has way better games and more of them. i know the graphics are bettteron xbox, but graphics don't make that much of a difference to me, all i really care about is are the games fun or not.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It is the normal price, but it came with 2 games and 2 months of xbox live for free. I actually enjoy some of the games on it, and when I am done, I will enjoy my xbox alot more than my game cube. PS2 is the system that doesnt really interest me. All the games that I wish to play are on game cube or xbox.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
it usually comes with the 2 games cuz they have to bribe people to buy their system. in the past they have given away different games. i think they may have even given away 3 games at one point, but that may have been an exclusive walmart deal. but i don't think they usually give the xbox live trial for free. i've got a question though. do certain games make you pay an additional fee per month like computer games do, or is it just the $10 a month or whatever and you can play any game?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I believe it is the xbox live fee and that is it. Alot of stores had different deals on all 3 systems. PS2 came with a few games as well as Game Cube. It wasnt just xbox.

Normally if you were to buy the xbox, it is 150 and you get the cords and one controler. Thats it. Same with the PS2 and the GC.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
i used to work at walmart. xbox has had at least 4 different packages where they give 2 games away. one had jet set radio and apex, and i think the other had fusion frenzy and another game which i don't remember. another package had a starwars game and tetris. these weren't holiday packages and they sold for the regular price. these packages are sold at almost every store. the packages that you are talking about with gc and ps2 are bundles that eb and game stop put together for their stores and they charge more money for. eb tried to get me to buy one when i traded my old ps2 for the slim ps2 this weekend. they were charging something like $50 more for this too. it may have been a good deal if i actually liked the game it came with, or needed the accessories it came with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info