3800 IC bleed???

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
So after a few hours of hooking up this POS cool can. It finally works.

The system has coolant in it and does not leak.

I fillled up the cool can and turned the pump on. All I saw was a few little bubbles and It went down a tiny bit.......

So I llet it keep going and nothings is happening. NO air bubbles, and no flow out of the pump. You can hear it on thought.

I put my finger by the pressure side of the can and feel nothing....

Whne you open the can the coolant/water does not move.

Any Ideas? :blink:

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Motors on, it should be pumping. If nothing is moving, check for ar pinch somewhere in the routing. if you will be looking at the engine for a while trying to find the spot, dont let the pump keep running too long. yooull burn it out if it doesnt do its job of moving liquid.
If you dont have a snagged hose, then itll be the pump. Probably bad, but if you say its workin...
joe a

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
There is a plug on the pump that you will need to remove and fill with coolant or water whatever you are using. After it is pretty full turn on the pump but be ready to start filling with water cause it will go fast. Oh put the plug on before you turn on the pump and fill the radiator with the water .

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
PUMPS IS ON AND RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :p

Polarity was crossed and no ground..........

ROb, I am going to try to to take the pulley off on Monday and PRJ fuel rails on tuesday.....

If I run into any bumps, Ill take you up on that offer. Thanks a lot for the puller Rob. I owe you one.....or a 12 pack...What beer do you like? :)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Nov 28 2004, 09:36 PM
PUMPS IS ON AND RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :p

Polarity was crossed and no ground..........

ROb, I am going to try to to take the pulley off on Monday and PRJ fuel rails on tuesday.....

If I run into any bumps, Ill take you up on that offer.  Thanks a lot for the puller Rob.  I owe you one.....or a 12 pack...What beer do you like? :)
[snapback]61566[/snapback]​

We had the pump grounded John otherwise it wouldn't have been running? Did you mean you added a ground to the light in the switch? I'm confused.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Nov 28 2004, 11:29 PM
WE ran a ground to the switch.....which lights up now, and reversed the other two connections on the switch........

I had a Electrical Engineer(GF Dad), look at it. :unsure:  B)  :D  WE are all good now.
[snapback]61595[/snapback]​

Understood... That's what I thought. I'll concede to an electrical engineer any day of the week or even a well trained monkey with a set of wire cutters.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
So how can you tell if the system has no more air in the lines? You can't see anything with those cool hoses B) . Just wondering... Cause I had a hell of a time bleeding mine and I wouldnt have known if it wasnt for the see through - cheapo' - lines.

J.E.T.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info