3800 life sux

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Alright lets start from the begining.

I go up to caspers to get the car cover for my car from justin. We go for a ride and I give the car a run at WTO and it pulled like a champ (really wanna get that thing to the track) so thats the good news. We go to his house and he gives me the cover, some other random stuff, and sends the tech 2 with me to do some scans and give morgans car a case learn.

So I'm driving west on dundee toward the express way. Tech 2 is all hooked up and I have spark and kr pegged at the top of the eng diag. (my first time really messing with the tech 2).
Anyway I am just going along at regular speed and as I approach the express way I go to grab the tech2 off my passanger seat cuz I was gonna gun it getting onto the eway and check my knock after the cam. Well anyway at that time A black IS300 instead of going into the right turn lane to go north on 53 goes in the straight lane and slams on his breaks and turns right anyway. So at that point the car behind him slams on his breaks and stops (rather than continuing after the lexus got out of the way) and the honda in front of my stops also, I on the otherhand didnt. I heard everything before I saw it. I heard screeching tires so I hit my breaks and look up immediatley to see taillights. BOOM!

game over. I hit the prelude at like 25 or so I'm guessing maybe less wasnt really paying attention to that.

my air bags went off, and broke my windsheild. that sucked. they were totally unnecessary. only thing they did was the pas one broke my windsheild. my front end was decently messed up but its all cosmetic so thats good.

car still runs good. just cant drive it due to windsheild.

The honda was pretty dinged up, and the catera in front of him was scratched a little bit.

So we go through all the stuff, cops come, insurance blah blah blah.

Anyway so I come to find out i was dropped from insuance in october?!?!
no notice or anything. I hadnt received my bills so i figured it was 3 month incriments or something that i payed ( couldnt really remember figured i would have been notified or something). so I am uninsured officially.

so long story short I am fucked, hard.

I dunno what i'm gonnna do.

anyone know a cheap place for a windsheild or airbags?
I can put it away for winter as long as i can get that. then i can save over winter to fix the body (was gonna get new hood anyway so thats not a big deal).

also i gotta figure out what i'm going to do about paying for those other cars. this is one of the worst things that i've ever gotten myself into.

so to sum up fuck lexus and fuck allstate.

thank you

kyle

What up man....hey listen, if you get a place to do some paintin i'll fix that shit.....you shouldn't have to go to a body shop and get riped off, and probally end up with a job like Alex's hood and spoiler.... :lolsign: Sorry for the bad luck, in my old car my back end was a magnet...first time a guy hit me, and then i was liry on people coming up too fast, and the second i watched it happen....still pissed, then the third, i watched the entire thing and laughed as it happened.....WTF right..?!? Sorry to get it man....

Tom

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
hey man,

Sorry to hear what happened, hope everything works out for you.

About the windshield, If your interested I can give you a place in the Chicagoland area that just replaced mine a couple of months ago (It was cracked). The windshield was used, but after install and everything it was around 212$, this was for a GTP w/HUD. Let me know, and I will dig up the receipt and give you the address. The place was pretty much right off the eisenhower expy...

Kyle,

I am so sorry to hear that. I feel horrible :( . Especially since you were driving to come to see me and work on my car. If I can help with anything please let me know. Even if you just need someone to have a few drinks with. I do have your keys and your 12 pack of Highlife Longnecks :) . Hopefully that helps the heartache just a little. Dont worry about my car we will eventually get around to it or I will try to mess around with it myself. Your car will look better than ever. Hope everything works out and give me a call I have an idea for an insurance company you can call. They have been really good too me. Hope everything goes better for you...

Morgan

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
That definately blows!

So you rear ended the Honda causing a rear end chain reaction?

I'd call up the insurance company and argue that you did not get a renewal notice. How long have you been insured by Allstate? Use that as leverage for your agrument to show you have been paying insurance up until this time due to their error in not sending the renewal notice.

J.E.T.

Of all the crappy luck... the day you were storing it for winter too. Sorry to hear that Kyle. Like JET said, get in touch with Allstate and see if they can get that insurance for you... then get old'e blue to a good body shop and she will be looking good as new. Welp, you needed a reason for a new hood, eh?

Glad to hear YOU'RE ok. Cars can be fixed... people can't

F

fastcash

Originally posted by Kyle@Nov 25 2004, 08:29 PM
Alright lets start from the begining.

I go up to caspers to get the car cover for my car from justin. We go for a ride and I give the car a run at WTO and it pulled like a champ (really wanna get that thing to the track) so thats the good news. We go to his house and he gives me the cover, some other random stuff, and sends the tech 2 with me to do some scans and give morgans car a case learn.

So I'm driving west on dundee toward the express way. Tech 2 is all hooked up and I have spark and kr pegged at the top of the eng diag. (my first time really messing with the tech 2).
Anyway I am just going along at regular speed and as I approach the express way I go to grab the tech2 off my passanger seat cuz I was gonna gun it getting onto the eway and check my knock after the cam.  Well anyway at that time A black IS300 instead of going into the right turn lane to go north on 53 goes in the straight lane and slams on his breaks and turns right anyway. So at that point the car behind him slams on his breaks and stops (rather than continuing after the lexus got out of the way) and the honda in front of my stops also, I on the otherhand didnt. I heard everything before I saw it. I heard screeching tires so I hit my breaks and look up immediatley to see taillights. BOOM!

game over. I hit the prelude at like 25 or so I'm guessing maybe less wasnt really paying attention to that.

my air bags went off, and broke my windsheild. that sucked. they were totally unnecessary. only thing they did was the pas one broke my windsheild. my front end was decently messed up but its all cosmetic so thats good.

car still runs good. just cant drive it due to windsheild.

The honda was pretty dinged up, and the catera in front of him was scratched a little bit.

So we go through all the stuff, cops come, insurance blah blah blah.

Anyway so I come to find out i was dropped from insuance in october?!?!
no notice or anything. I hadnt received my bills so i figured it was 3 month incriments or something that i payed ( couldnt really remember figured i would have been notified or something). so I am uninsured officially.

so long story short I am fucked,  hard.

I dunno what i'm gonnna do.

anyone know a cheap place for a windsheild or airbags?
I can put it away for winter as long as i can get that. then i can save over winter to fix the body (was gonna get new hood anyway so thats not a big deal).

also i gotta figure out what i'm going to do about paying for those other cars. this is one of the worst things that i've ever gotten myself into.

so to sum up fuck lexus and fuck allstate.

thank you

kyle
[snapback]61414[/snapback]​

And i thought I had problems :unsure:

sorry to hear this and good luck, glad your ok fuc* allstate!

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
thanks for the sympathy guys.

yeah i am glad that i am ok, i just dont know how i'm gonna pay for all this.

all-state wont budge, they said they sent notices and stuff but i never got them. i even double checked what addesss they sent it to and its the right one, so i dunno what i'm gonna do about that.

it is kind of funny though like justin said the day i was taking it to go store it even.

but yeah jet i hit the honda it hit the catera, and the lexus got away fine. the cops are aware of that car but its still my fault. just bad timing on pick the tech2 up.

i've kind of chilled out since then and i'm not so ticked and freaked out about it. just gotta work some overtime now or something.

jk99gtp could u get me that number of that place?

what i'm gonna do is have the window taken care of and then put it away and save then spend what money i was gonna save for trans on fixing it up.

it sux though i actually had some cash saved up for once and now i gotta pay for the other guy's cars.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
OI have been to this place around 4-5 times for minor repairs slash side windows...

The are really fast and the cheapest around.

Id be a little more carefull about my frt windshield though....There are some really hsitty kinds that have tons of waves and ripples in them when looked at the from and angle....

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by jk99gtp+Nov 26 2004, 04:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kyle
@Nov 26 2004, 01:32 PM
jk99gtp could u get me that number of that place?
[snapback]61444[/snapback]​

Majestic Auto Glass
1347 S. Ashland Ave
Chicago, IL, 60608
Phone: (312) 455-8343

Good luck with everything!!
[snapback]61450[/snapback]​
[/b]

HA! I was actually thinking of them doing my tinting on my windows.. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info