Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by Mike K+Nov 23 2004, 11:37 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP
@Nov 23 2004, 11:19 AM
Fare well to a lot of dollars too!.. :lolsign:

Sorry,  had to say it. :)
[snapback]61226[/snapback]​

At least it's not unexpected. It was a matter of time. Now I can actually run my own parts. That generally helps when I'm trying to sell them to other people. :)
[snapback]61227[/snapback]​
[/b]
you got your own I/P shafts? this is a MUST...imho..it really is the most needed part. Plus id like to hear more on YOUR diff.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Nov 23 2004, 12:18 PM

Has anyone ever broken a output shaft?
[snapback]61231[/snapback]​
zooomer is the only one I know.....i asked when my tranny was re-re-built :angry: if I needed it and the answer was no, and no on the billet flexplate....said I didnt have the power yet.. <_< :eek: :lol:

output will break on burnouts...when the tires suddenly stop turning and grab the track......thats why I ride out the burnout, so the car is moving when I let off the gas.

HTH's

edit..[sp]

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Nov 23 2004, 12:17 PM
you got your own I/P shafts? this is a MUST...imho..it really is the most needed part.

Yes, we offer our own input shafts. It really wasn't a surprise that this occured. Back when Charles and I were making tweeks to the PCM I had him bump transmission line pressure up to 96psi on anything above 30% throttle. Couple that with the shift kit and I was just asking for destruction. When it happened I was more pissed that I had to wait for a tow truck then the fact that my transmission was Fubared.

As for them being a must, I agree. You're pushing 500 ft/lbs through a FWD transmission and more importantly a 3600 lb car. That's a recipe for disaster even on a lightly modded car.

Plus id like to hear more on YOUR diff.

It's essentially the same as everyone elses though a little tougher (and a little more expensive (CNC machined parts)). When power is applied, you're all but guaranteed a 50/ 50 power split. There's not much worry of having a spotter make sure both your tires are spinning or at least that's the theory.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K+Nov 23 2004, 05:09 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CoolGTX
@Nov 23 2004, 12:17 PM
you got your own I/P shafts? this is a MUST...imho..it really is the most needed part.

Yes, we offer our own input shafts. It really wasn't a surprise that this occured. Back when Charles and I were making tweeks to the PCM I had him bump transmission line pressure up to 96psi on anything above 30% throttle. Couple that with the shift kit and I was just asking for destruction. When it happened I was more pissed that I had to wait for a tow truck then the fact that my transmission was Fubared.

As for them being a must, I agree. You're pushing 500 ft/lbs through a FWD transmission and more importantly a 3600 lb car. That's a recipe for disaster even on a lightly modded car.

It's essentially the same as everyone elses though a little tougher (and a little more expensive (CNC machined parts)). When power is applied, you're all but guaranteed a 50/ 50 power split. There's not much worry of having a spotter make sure both your tires are spinning or at least that's the theory.
[snapback]61255[/snapback]​
[/b]

You have your own IP shaft and differential Mike? Am I reading this right or just plain still tired.

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by rob+Nov 23 2004, 09:56 PM-->
Originally posted by Mike K@Nov 23 2004, 05:09 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-CoolGTX
@Nov 23 2004, 12:17 PM

[snapback]61255[/snapback]​

You have your own IP shaft and differential Mike? Am I reading this right or just plain still tired.
[snapback]61260[/snapback]​
[/b]

is he RESELLING those parts and calles them his own or did he design them and has them build

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by superchargedgp@Nov 23 2004, 09:34 PM
is he RESELLING  those parts and calles them his own or did he design them and has them build
[snapback]61262[/snapback]​

The input shaft is ours; the differential is resold. What's the difference? EVERY vendor resells a good portion of their products. You'd be surprised where a lot of the parts that you might think are proprietary actually came from.

A lot of the parts that carry the "Intense" and "ZZP" names are common parts available from the local parts counter; we're no different. :)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by superchargedgp@Nov 23 2004, 10:16 PM
just wondering thats all.

so far the only diff that doesnt requre the spotter is quaffe

how will yours compare to 1300 dollar unit?
[snapback]61269[/snapback]​

The Quaife is a Torsen style (torque biasing) differential. It will transfer up to 81% of the power to the wheel with the most grip. We use these a lot for roadracing the SHOs. They are great for road racing as they will actually pull your turn tighter with more throttle. They're not, however, inducive to 1/4 mile racing for two reasons:

1. Weight - They're heavy. This is un-needed rotational mass in the transmission

2. They actually grip too well... Yes, I said that. :) It's hard to pull extremely low 60 foot times with the Quaifes because they cause wheel hop. Our limited slip differential (and others on the market) allow slip, though limited, and low 60 ft times. The "no spotter needed" claim comes from the extra amount of pre-load put on the gears. Flashing the tires should result in 2 wheel peel every time. This is what we hope to accomplish at least, and this is what I've been told the outcome will be. We'll find out soon enough with my car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info