3800 NOrthstart TB or LS1 TB...pros and cons plz

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Nov 23 2004, 12:12 AM
looking into the Northstar and LS1 TBs...

I was just checking out 3800performance and the Northstar tb looks realy nice. 

Give me pros and cons of the two.

How good are thier wpi blowers as well?
[snapback]61195[/snapback]​

My LS1TB kicked ass when I added it (thx j/o) but it was the last mod I've done. The old TB was definitly holding the car back. Splicing the extension wires into the maf was kind a bogus but the gain in throttle response and top end rush was worth it. The kit I got was from a member on CGP (not zzp/intense) but I don't think any of the LS1TB kits come with a harness extension. The N-star TB doesnt require the use of an extension cuz teh electronics are on the other side of the TB like with the LS1. Definitly a good mod.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I got the Northstarr TB....I got the used kit. The NS is suppose to flow a little more..There both 75mm so it is basiclly up to you..

I dont know if its cause I got a used kit but....Im haveing TB cable issuses...It doesnt snap in...The adapter plate is a nice fit for a M90..But in my case, I could of saved alot of money just finding the TB cause I cant use the adapter with my MP112.

Dave from WPI didnt return my inquires on the cable so take that into consideration.

If you can find a NS core. I will sell you my adapter plate..Thats really what you paying for...I have the connectors aswell...You will need a SLP MAF from INTENSE and your good to go...Dont go with the Plain jane LS6er...

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by rob@Dec 5 2004, 04:59 PM
I got the Northstarr TB....I got the used kit. The NS is suppose to flow a little more..There both 75mm so it is basiclly up to you..

I dont know if its cause I got a used kit but....Im haveing TB cable issuses...It doesnt snap in...The adapter plate is a nice fit for a M90..But in my case, I could of saved alot of money just finding the TB cause I cant use the adapter with my MP112.

Dave from WPI didnt return my inquires on the cable so take that into consideration.

If you can find a NS core. I will sell you my adapter plate..Thats really what you paying for...I have the connectors aswell...You will need a SLP MAF from INTENSE and your good to go...Dont go with the Plain jane LS6er...
[snapback]62560[/snapback]​
rob, ill take the adaptor, and anything else you have for the N*..as I have an SLP maf already.

LMK what you have and how much

thanks

J/O

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Dec 5 2004, 07:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rob
@Dec 5 2004, 04:59 PM

[snapback]62560[/snapback]​
rob, ill take the adaptor, and anything else you have for the N*..as I have an SLP maf already.

LMK what you have and how much

thanks

J/O
[snapback]62599[/snapback]​
[/b]

OK Johnny....Let me get back to you...Im 98% sure im not going to use it. I dont want to jump the gun though incase I dont like what I fabricate..It doent fit my configuration whatsoever..Soooo
Give mr a few days and we can work something out. Wish I knew then what I know now. Just getting a NS TB core saves you boo-koo bucks. Your really only paying WPI for the nice adapter plate.

I also have the electrical connector if you will need it. You have a SLP MAF so your in good shape.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info