3800 New here

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Hey what's going on? Just thought I would say Hi! I just joined this forum after many weeks of reading many, many posts from you guys.

I have a Green 98 GTP and I'm actually about 15-20 minutes from (Chicago)Midway.

I have pretty much a stock engine with only an open cone intake, U-bend delete, resonator removed, and SLP GTX exhaust tips. I've seen many GTP's around my area, I believe I've seen MyBlueGTP a couple of times driving by Archer Ave. and Pershing (nice paint job).

Anyways I have had a couple of problems with my GTP, I had my valve cover gaskets changed and I still need the gas pan changed (not so critical though). But I just ran into another problem this weekend it turns out that I'm now leaking Trans Oil, I took a look at it and it's not coming from the pan or around it but from the top area where the metal hose comes down... I am not an expert nor I'm I close to a wannabe so I will need to take it to a shop to find out how bad this is..

If you guys have any ideas on what it could be or what to check please let me know I will apreciate the help.

Thanks!

-3800SC98

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Hey well thanks to all for the warm welcome...

Originally posted by Fish+Nov 22 2004, 06:18 PM-->
Whats up. Hope you like your stay. Id also agree with Tom. Check the hoses and clamps to make sure they are all secure.
[snapback]61155[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yah know I did noticed that the (metal) hose was kind of loose, I'll have to get under that bad-boy again to check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

<!--QuoteBegin-rob
@Nov 22 2004, 08:28 PM
Yea, your from the 3800 boards..Right? Om on around 71st and Pulaski..Blk 2 door with an SLP hood.

You'll only see my tail lights though.

I also got some old parts laying around....So when your ready..
[snapback]61174[/snapback]​

Nah rob, I'm not from the 3800 boards. Although I've seen it and heard there's a lot of people there that know what deal is..

I will definitely let you know if I need any parts. Thanks!

-3800SC98

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Nov 23 2004, 02:06 PM
Southside like... 99th and western Green Regal GS
[snapback]61238[/snapback]​

It's Good to know there's southsiders in here. :D

But I have to let you guys know, my GTP is not looking too good. :( I Checked the Trans oil yesterday night, and noticed that my oil was at a decent level. So I decided to take it for a spin and see how it felt. Well she doesn't feel too good. I had problems just picking up speed, it almost feels like it's having trouble shifting gears.

So I have a question (I still haven't had time to check my oil leak). I had my ubend removed about 2 or 3 weeks ago and sometimes when I step on the gas pedal (soft step) I can feel like the sensor is hitting something under the car.
The question is: Will a bad reading from that sensor have anything to do with my shifting and acceleration problem?

I just want to make sure this has nothing to do with it because if it does, I might have to take it to the muffler shop before I start checking anything else on the Transmission.

Thanks.

-AnToNiO

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
What's Tony,

The names Leo. You'll see me on Archer all the time during the summer and when there is good weather which will permit me to beat up on any rice thats willing to step up to the plate and get beat. You probably have seen me I'm usually out on Archer late Friday and Saturday nights just cruising and chillin with the peeps..........Welcome and enjoy your stay by the way I'm right off of Harlem and I-55 in a town called Stickney. Nice to meet you bro.

Leo

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by 2KREDGHOST@Nov 24 2004, 03:48 PM
What's Tony,

The names Leo. You'll see me on Archer all the time during the summer and when there is good weather which will permit me to beat up on any rice thats willing to step up to the plate and get beat. You probably have seen me I'm usually out on Archer late Friday and Saturday nights just cruising and chillin with the peeps..........Welcome and enjoy your stay by the way I'm right off of Harlem and I-55 in a town called Stickney. Nice to meet you bro.

Leo
[snapback]61330[/snapback]​

Well Nice to meet you too Leo. Hopefully I'll see you around some day so we can chat and check out the rides.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info