3800 brake pads

F

fastcash

who has the best experience with their pads? what kind of pads and how much did they cost? i bought ceramic pads 13000 miles ago and never had a sound problem or brake dust problem on my rims but they are going bad.

i would like to try something cheaper though, i paid 200 for all four wheels, rotors cut and pads installed.

basically, i am looking for a cheap, reliable pad that does not give off that annoying black brake dust, or squeek whenever they want.

thanks

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Dont buy EBC Green stuff.. Im having a hard time liking them. I broke them in according to the instructions provided, and they were even installed damn perfectly, and shims were put on correctly.

-They squeak/squeal whenever they want with no rhyme or reason, sometimes when its humid, sometimes out of the blue, off and on, whenever they please mostly.
-They grind sometimes (5% of the time) out of the blue, which I dont get, but it goes away after the braking has been completed.
-They cant hold up to the heat that well, after some spirited driving they seemed to be weaker, but not so much a "bad" fade, and got so hot as to have the trac control turn itself off until they cooled down.
-They destroyed my Autozone rotors (on the front, the backs look pretty good) I had put on when they were installed! Sure they are kinda cheap rotors, but the pads didnt warp them, they dug lines into the rotor (around the rotor, like if you had the wear tab showing) on both front rotors, and its "beyond the point of no return".

When these pads go to hell im looking for something better, my oem pads were taking a WAY better beating then these things.

F

fastcash

Originally posted by mybluegtp@Nov 21 2004, 12:32 PM
another way to cut the price is install them yourself. ;)
[snapback]61010[/snapback]​

i'm sorry, let me reitterate. i bought them from speedycarparts.com (shitty shipping, and prices), they were 197.00 parts and shipped. my buddy owns a meineke and he installed the pads, and cut the rotors for free ;)

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by fastcash420+Nov 21 2004, 07:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mybluegtp
@Nov 21 2004, 12:32 PM
another way to cut the price is install them yourself. ;)
[snapback]61010[/snapback]​

i'm sorry, let me reitterate. i bought them from speedycarparts.com (shitty shipping, and prices), they were 197.00 parts and shipped. my buddy owns a meineke and he installed the pads, and cut the rotors for free ;)
[snapback]61039[/snapback]​
[/b]

Gotcha! But Raybestos quite stops are GREAT break pads and no brake dust, i like how they handle especially since i have the f-body calipers and brake pads. :D

F

fastcash

Originally posted by cacicgtp7@Nov 21 2004, 10:54 PM
Raybestos,  wagner thermoquiets are awesome, and also bendix makes great ceramic pads if you can find them. I belive they are called CT3 or something. All three are probably some of the best pads for your money.
[snapback]61059[/snapback]​

thanks...does anyone have a ballpark figure what just the front pads go for of the raybestos quiet stop? are they ceramic?

that is all. thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info