3800 more cooling for a IC

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I was thinking of making a water cooler like a cool can, in the process of figuring out what materials to use I came across a peice of 7" inner daimater fiberglass tubing and thought of coiling up copper tubing 3/4 in and making it all contained caping the top and bottom with more fiberglass and installing a nitrous nozzel in the top so it sprays on too all the coils with a small releif hole dirlled in it some whare also.

but I also saw the nx n-tercooler a spray bar that mounts infront of the radiator

what do you guys thing would make a bigger diffrence spraying on like 8 feet of hose coiled up or on the radiator

Thanks
brett

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by 1quick98_gs@Nov 18 2004, 03:33 PM

but I also saw the nx n-tercooler a spray bar that mounts infront of the radiator

Thanks
brett
[snapback]60800[/snapback]​

I have been reading a lot off threads about this since seeing JOs little spary bar/co2 system and a lot of them said it doesnt work that well because your are spraying co2.....which displaces a ton of oxygen and in some cases can cause your car to stall.....

It seems as if it doesnt work on an actuall run because it robs a lot of the 02 around your intake....

It sounds like it would work if you wanted to just chill the hell out of your IC radiator while waiting for a run but only with the car off......

I dont know.....seems like what Ive read. It looks cool as hell though.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Nov 18 2004, 05:25 PM
Here is what you should do.....make a cool can with heater core like ron said....make your own radiator sprayer that sprays distilled water, then use water/alcy injection with the intercooler.

Thats all you need and knock woudnt be a problem for a looonnngg time :lolsign:
[snapback]60813[/snapback]​

Mix water injection with the intercooler... :) There is nothing better than cool air being cooled more. :)

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Only thing left after that is nitrous. I think thats all the hoses you can fit under the car :D

So you can put the water injection at the TB....it cools the air while being compressed. Then it will be cooled more as it goes through the intercooler. Then last but not least you can have direct port nitrous for each runner to cool the air further.....that should be easy enough :p

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I agree with the above, and it's even what I'll be doing. The Alky/water injection is really the way to go, with IC or not. The Chiller will help, but it's a track only solution as you have to refill a CO2 bottle, or keep draining and putting in fresh ice to a chiller. Just about the best execution of this was done by LP3800, he made a water chiller utilizing his cars A/C system.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info