3800 transmission help

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Nov 18 2004, 01:24 PM
What exactly is the trans doing to make you think it's going? Some other electrical sensors in the motor control transmission functions.
[snapback]60775[/snapback]​
okay..

it has 135k miles on it.
it shifts late or early, sometimes wont hold gear, loses gear while going around corners, makes a low whinning sound when going into first and second, sometimes spins up then jerks hard into first, has to be babied to shift, shifts are sloppy at best, driver side wheel squeels when taking corners, lack of power, often will not down shift.

It started by occasionally slamming into first, then the whine/whirr started, not downshifting very well, taking forever as it hunted gears.
-K
Oh I do have the gps pcm but i have not put it into performance mode since the problems started. (months and months, I had no cash)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Kaeghl+Nov 18 2004, 01:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Nov 18 2004, 01:24 PM
What exactly is the trans doing to make you think it's going? Some other electrical sensors in the motor control transmission functions.
[snapback]60775[/snapback]​
okay..

it has 135k miles on it.
it shifts late or early, sometimes wont hold gear, loses gear while going around corners, makes a low whinning sound when going into first and second, sometimes spins up then jerks hard into first, has to be babied to shift, shifts are sloppy at best, driver side wheel squeels when taking corners, lack of power, often will not down shift.

It started by occasionally slamming into first, then the whine/whirr started, not downshifting very well, taking forever as it hunted gears.
-K
Oh I do have the gps pcm but i have not put it into performance mode since the problems started. (months and months, I had no cash)
[snapback]60777[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yeah, it's done. :)

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by superchargedgp+Nov 19 2004, 07:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@Nov 19 2004, 03:31 PM
just took my car to the shop yesterday, getting a ful race trans for a helluva price.  I will let you know how the car turns out when i get it back. :)

thanks LEO!
[snapback]60903[/snapback]​

what do you consider a full race trans?
[snapback]60928[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ditto, and what do you consider a helluva price?

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by Kaeghl@Dec 3 2004, 11:00 AM
any more news on that one guys race trans and pricing?

and I cant seem to find the guy with the dad that owns the shop to see if the deal is still good.

-K
[snapback]62248[/snapback]​

Here's the latest thread about this topic.

http://www.ilgpc.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=6109

He still hasn't told us what he had done besides the gears....

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by sr71_rgl+Nov 22 2004, 07:27 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-superchargedgp
@Nov 22 2004, 10:14 AM
i bet its a standard rebuild with better clutches  (  far from a race trans)
[snapback]61114[/snapback]​

Plus some Royal Purple :lolsign:
[snapback]61165[/snapback]​
[/b]

Royal? :p

Anyway, im sorry, but 1299 for a RACE trans is pretty hard to believe. Intense and ZZP have a race trans and you can barely buy I/O shafts for that amount.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info