3800 CAT Convertor Choices

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Nov 15 2004, 06:09 PM
Id stay away from RTDP....
They typically crap out in a year and start to throw codes.....mine did as well as everyone elses you hear about.
[snapback]60391[/snapback]​

We should be carrying a TOGs downpipe soon as would the other TOG vendors... :)

Otherwise, if you find a Magnaflow cat, I can probably get you some pricing on that.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Nov 15 2004, 09:02 PM
I ordered a Catco, but got a magnaflow when shipped. I don't think there would be all that much a difference among any of rhe honeycomb ones. There used to be a company out of Addison that made HP cats. Products for power?
[snapback]60423[/snapback]​

YA, the exact same thing happened when I bought a Magnaflow - they shipped me a Catco.

MIke K: How much for 3" Magnaflow? You got a place to install it? I know a few places that will install the cat, but I might as well throw business your way if you hook me up. ;)

Researched the 'high flow' cats. They dont really list flow rates. They are just advertised as high flow - 50% better than stock - yada -yada. I found one that flowed 580cfm, but its $180 bucks.

If anyone has a recommendation with flow numbers to back it it, please post. Our stock flows 267 cfm according to advertisements.

J.E.T.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by CoolGTX@Nov 19 2004, 02:27 PM
it took 3+ years for my rt cat to take a sht. I'm going with a straight pipe, and sim.
[snapback]60900[/snapback]​
You know your car better than me, but if you're doing that; You may want to keep it 2.5", I thought I remembered your resonator being 2.5".
I have inserts I can swap in/out of my DP, and it works best with a 2.5", I even went to 2.5" for my resonator, and it helped a bunch. Car fell flat on it's face with a big pipe. Only thing is you're pushing a lot more air than me with the bigger huffer, so it's your call. Just an observation...It might be a good idea if you haven't thought of it already, to put some flanges on either end of that pipe, so you can swap 'em out easy to try different pipe sizes. I know E&R out of Addison sells the ball/flange connectors pretty cheap..and they're the "good ones" too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info