3800 my winter car ** PICS***

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
This is my Dad's 98 v6 Camry. This is what i will be rollin' on throughout the winter. IT had leather seats and a heater that works!! (unlike mine) heh

the car has 91k miles and in tip top condition (engine wise) just minor scratches and dents... brand new tires.

toyota.jpg

toyota2.jpg

toyota3.jpg

Unless it is a nice day out.. and not snowing, here is where it will be most of the winter..... gotta save $$$ for my IC

toyota4.jpg

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
heh... what about a 30 year old mustang or sumthin... age does not matter... (although i dont wanna compare myself to a nice old fast mustang) ... but still... i just think it will be really hard to drive it during the winter... granted it is FWD, but still.. i like my dads car... if i had some more money i woulda bought an on 4wd beater... oh well.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by frankenstinesy@Nov 15 2004, 02:21 PM
i know this is a little off topic, but where did you get those decals for under your door. i've seen them once, but i can't remember where. i could see why he wouldn't want to use his car for the winter though. it may be 8.5 yrs old but its still nice.
[snapback]60351[/snapback]​

Yea, that would be me. I can get you a way better deal then the one clubgp is selling. PM me if intrested and i'll give you a price.

alfredo

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by xttc2000@Nov 15 2004, 09:36 PM
the gp wont be that bad in the snow if you take it easy.
i went through half a winter in my gp on nitto drag radials, that was fun.
we dont see much snow on the roads anyway.
[snapback]60427[/snapback]​

I tried driving the GP today with the bald 555Rs... It was raining. Need I say more? :lolsign:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Nov 15 2004, 11:38 PM
I tried driving the GP today with the bald 555Rs... It was raining

So how was did the curb tastes :p
[snapback]60438[/snapback]​

I should add that the car is in track mode so there is no ABS or traction control... :)

To be honest, it wasn't that bad, or at least not as bad as one would expect. Any amount of throttle would result in a quick trip to redline and no increase in velocity. I was able to spin the tires on the expressway while trying to pass. :)

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by dole21@Nov 15 2004, 10:25 PM
you take lots of pictures.

and my GP is the best handling car I' ve ever driven in snow....
[snapback]60430[/snapback]​

i take it you do not drive many other cars during the winter?

My car is simply too powerful for the snow... i should just take off the s/c belt.... still will be very powerful. my gp tires are for dry traction only... although they are not DR's, they are meant for dry... now on the camry, those are winter-made tires.

And yes i do take a lot of pictures, is that offending you?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info