3800 cool can

I

imported_Ron Vogel

You pretty much have to make one custom, with a heater core in a cooler or something. Rob has made one for the trunk, I can't go into his set-up, so I'll explain mine.

I cut the side off my washer fluid tank, and added a heater core. Then re-epoxied the tank back together. Instead of adding ice, I keep 2 jugs of washer fluid in a cooler with dry ice for the track. I pour it in before running the car, and drain it after the pass. I unfortunately haven't run better with it than 13.2, but that was in 80 degree heat and my pb back in July. W/o it in 50 degree temps I ran a 13.3, but there was a strong headwind. I currently have it unconnected since I switched to bigger IC lines and have to re-do it. From what I saw, it really helped keep the IC from heat soak.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I got a medium size cooler. I got a Ford heater core and made a bracket that suspends it up in the cooler...I run the input AFTER the heat exchanger too the cooler. Then out of the trunk to the core. I also use 1/2" PVC pipe and fittings...45* and 90*. They work well with the heater hose and is cheaper aswell.

I also used 1/2 PVC pipe for the straight run under the car...I used 1/2" minnies with 3/4 self tapping screws with lock-tite to secure it.

Im seeing about 90* water temps with the fan on...When ice is added they go way down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 1quick
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list