3800 Stock MAF's

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by jk99gtp@Nov 9 2004, 05:44 AM
How much horsepower can our stock MAF's handle? Or, how low of a pulley can you go before you can possibly have issues maxing out the frequency on our stock MAF's?

What would be the next "upgrade" over our stock MAF's, that would complement our stock TB's or a ZZP stage 1 TB?

Just curious...

Thanks!
[snapback]59685[/snapback]​

Joel, after playing with Charles' 04' MAF last night, I would say that that is the next logical upgrade. It's large, 80something millimeters, but I want to see what the transfer function on it is and what it's ceiling is. The nice thing about it is that it's a 5 wire with a built in IAT so if you don't utilize your IAT, you don't have any harnesses or unplugged plugs hanging around. :)

The next tested MAF would be the LS1

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Interesting Mike..

How high does our stock MAF's flow, frequency wise, until we know its time for an upgrade?

Is that '04 MAF you guys were playing with, the same one that ZZP sells? The 85mm MAF?

I am asking this, because I am thinking of dropping down to a 2.8" pulley. I am doing the safe mods to get prepared for it (Larger injectors, etc), but I want to make sure I wont have issues with maxing out the stock MAF sensor..

Mike on a side note, can you program DHP PCM's? I'd like to program in my injectors and get the timing portion of my ICCU added soon. Just curious....

Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list