3800 ? about hp tuners

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Well what drives me slightly away from HPTUners is the fact that I have to start with a clean PCM. I've got the ZZP race PCM right now. For a beginer PCM tuner, I wouldnt know where to start modifying numbers. At least with the DHPPwrtune, I can read the ZZP PCM, and modify its existing content.

Do I have my info correct on the PCMS?

J.E.T.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Each system currently has pro's and con's for it. For basic stuff either system will do what you want.

I could go on and on but I will refer your to our product info page at http://www.digitalhorsepowerinc.com/PowrTuner.htm

The only thing I do not cover on those pages are the new scantool updates we have but I will post screens shots and info if anyone wants to see them.

Our tuner will support any files on the market, including your DHP files. You can also use ANY compatible pcm hardware type for flashing which makes it extemely easier to find spare cores.

The cost for the non-A/D unit is $399 and $499 for the A/D (wideband and other external sensor interface). Software updates are free.

If you need head to head comparison referrals, I can get you in touch wtih 5 or 6 people that have used both products.

Thanks

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
You dont need an intense pcm to run hptuners. You will need a pcm from your make, model, year and engine to edit it with the hptuners. You can not use hptuners to edit any dhp files, this would be illegal if even possible.

With the powertuner, you can use any GM pcm from 98+ years that have the same pcm part number. I just used a 2000 gt pcm that i got for cheap, and charles sent me a stock code to write to it.

I can say that the Power Tuner is very easy to work with. I have been using it for the past two days and have already flashed my pcm 3 times. I havent ran into a problem yet.

Also, I have some people on that dhp board helping me step by step through my tuning process, since I am new to tuning. I love my powertuner, and the free updates :D

I have not ever used or seen hptuners, and therefore will not say anything about that product. I will just say I love my powertuner. You should let charles get you in contact with people who have used both. There are supposedly up and downs with both system. Good luck. :D

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
I dont think u could edit a dhp with it, but i dont see how that would be illegal you can do what you want with your own stuff.

any regular pcm can be COMPLETELY reformatted to what you want it to be. like a 99 gt pcm could be changed to a 2000 gtp one, but a complete rewrite needs to be done. not sure if only the tuner version does that or if they all can.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Small Print: ;)

All custom calibration data contained within the PCM is proprietary data of Digital Horsepower Inc. Reverse engineering/tampering/modifying of the PCM hardware will void all upgrades and/or support from Digital Horsepower Inc. Identified individuals attempting such actions will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I think this may be what im talking about... :unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info