3800 Watch out you GTP owners

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
This is cheaper. Less than 1K. Im sure it could be cheaper than that, as soon as the component list comes out. Plus add a cam and I/C, all that jazz, it will still be fast. I dont care about being the fastest here. Just wanna stand up and get in the middle of things. (namely the 1/4 mile list)

plus with headers, rockers, PCM and the few other things I have, it will really have a better effect than their test car that is bone stock.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
That will be a pretty sweet kit for GT owners looking for a power adder on a budget.

With a 4" pulley, that should only be like 3-5 psi of boost. I know that the GT's have 9.something:1 compression, but would there be any other internals needed? Like pistons, fuel injectors, etc? That would be able to handle the boost.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The compression is 9:5:1 IIRC. From the post, it looks like they are using stock GT injectors for now. I dont think the kit has been on that car for awhile. They are probably testing the limits of the internals and need to see what else needs to be adressed.

As long as the PSI stays down, I dont see the pistons being a problem. I dont think the GTs with the M90 kit will be the fastest without upgrading the internals, but some of us dont wanna be the fastest. Just wanna be quick. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info