3800 should i be concerned?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
i ordered my mps system, 2 pulleys and a belt from INTENSE 2 days ago, and yesterday they sent me a shipping/tracking number. I go to the UPS site, and as of today still it says

One or more of the numbers you entered are not valid UPS Tracking Numbers.

I did order 2nd day AIR? so maybe it is in the air as of now so they cannot tell me how far it has gotten, should i let INTENSE know or wait to see if nothing comes today then contact them?

Thanks
Ryan

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If UPS says it's not a valid #, it either not shipped, but ready to ship; or an invalid #. Last time I ordered from Intense it was late in the evening (like 11pm). Got my tracking # the next day, but it didn't ship until the day after that.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
god damn fucken UPS... why the fuck are they so dumb???

I come home today to a letter on my door saying that no1 was home between 1030-2.... it will be shipped again tomorrow..

1. MOST people work/have school during those times... douche bags.
2. Tomorrow is the same schedule as today, WORKING AND SCHOOL. That goes for my parents too.
3. If i wanted 2nd day AIR SHIPPING, that means i want it on the 2nd day. Which means it is urgent. But what do they do? Take it back to their ups in illinois, when i clearly paid the extra money to have it shipped faster.

arggh.. my rant. any way i can leave them a not saying to deliver to neghbor if im not home (next door neighbor) ?

this is another reason FEDEX is better, they would just drop it off at Jewel where the fedex dropoff station is.

End of my rant.. so pissed.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Your best bet is to goto the UPS where it is located. Theres a number on the back of your note, give them the number on the ticket and they will tell you where you can pick it up instead. I think the closest UPS to you is in Addison, but Im not totally sure. I know if I missed it before I had to drive to Palatine. Now my appartment complex just signs for it and they keep it in the office. :D

Dreamcat78

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Rolling Meadows
well everyone has their own bad experiences with UPS and FedEx dont knock the driver he is just doing his job..if you are not home he cant just leave the package it must be signed for at the merchants request...maybe you dont tip your UPS man at Xmas but we do for those instances they leave the package at my parents house when no one is home cuz they know us! just a FYI not saying you have to...but it helps when you expect your packages...i use Fedex my self and dont have problems with them...but they are all doing the same job!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
The sheet the UPS driver left... does it have a waver to sign? If so sign it and put it in the door... or write a note and put it up there signed... Generally when I am expecting a package I do this if no one will be home....

As you said a 2nd day package means you need it in 2 days, means it's important... so prolly means it needs a signature to release UPS and the driver from responsibility and to prove delivery ...

Just the way things are... just remember for next time if no one's going to be there... leave a signed note if you want the package left ....

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by syP@Nov 3 2004, 08:31 PM
well thankfully, my dad went to the UPS base station in addison while i was at work, and picked up my stuff.  What a nice guy huh?  Cant wait for this weekend. :)  TOG headers go in, MPS plus 3.1" go in :)
[snapback]59082[/snapback]​

Ryan, what are you doing to combat knock? Don't you have 7 or so degrees on a 3.25? I hate to be the buzz kill but chances are you'll still have knock with the 3.25 after the header install. Installing the 3.1 will be an invite to start calling Ed Morad for used motors.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by syP@Nov 3 2004, 08:31 PM
well thankfully, my dad went to the UPS base station in addison while i was at work, and picked up my stuff.  What a nice guy huh?  Cant wait for this weekend. :)  TOG headers go in, MPS plus 3.1" go in :)

Damn... so you order 2 day air ... no one's home to receive.. don't need the parts till the weekend.. UPS does their job .. and still bitch?

Was nice of your dad to go out ther eand pick them up... but ... if you don't need them till the weekend... they the rush to get it today? UPS woulda been by again tomorrow (er today) ... and w/a note they'd most likely have left the packge (or w/a signature on the paper they left)

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by horist+Nov 4 2004, 02:29 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@Nov 3 2004, 08:31 PM

Damn... so you order 2 day air ... no one's home to receive.. don't need the parts till the weekend.. UPS does their job .. and still bitch?

Was nice of your dad to go out ther eand pick them up... but ... if you don't need them till the weekend... they the rush to get it today? UPS woulda been by again tomorrow (er today) ... and w/a note they'd most likely have left the packge (or w/a signature on the paper they left)
[snapback]59123[/snapback]​
[/b]

RAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

down killer, down! :D

I know what you're saying, but I think he ordered 2nd day to make sure he would have it, I dunno. My personal luck has been that if I try to get some exactly when I need it some little bullshit detail comes up and then I get screwed, so I can understand ordering it in advance.

I can also understand UPS though. As annoying as it is having to sign, imagine if they left it and someone ran off with it, or someone was trying to scam ups fori nsurance money, etc. They have to cover their asses too. Also you can probably, next time, tell intense to send it no signature required if you really don't want to sign for it.

on a nother note .......

Your level of service from UPS varies greatly with the driver on your route. I've had real shitty drivers ... one guy left a $400 computer part in a friggin snowbank at the end of my driveway (when i lived at home), I had another who would randomly not show up, but yet I had anther who would call me on his cell phone to make sure i was home and sometimes he stop by twice a day so if he mised me in the morning he'd swing back through on the way back......

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Hehe I had a retarded UPS guy when I lived at home.

He dropped off my 2K computer to my neighbors house that I didnt know and wrote on the ticket that he would attemt to deliver again the next day. I saw that at 3PM.

At 9PM, I got a knock at the door and it was my neighbor. He told me he had my computer, and I was just kinda clueless. I didnt know if he meant he hacked my computer, or had my brand new one. He then said the UPS guy LEFT it on his front portch cause he saw my neighbor pulling in. Then proceeded to tell my neighbor to give it to me when he saw me. Tomo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info