3800 Stock 04 GTP times from Byron.

F

fire87z

Well, I took the car to Byron Sunday, and man am I ever happy with the out come. The first run of the day was a [email protected], mind you this is the first time I have ever driven a front wheel drive car at the track. I had a 15.7 and a 15.1 after that. The 15.1 was going to be my last run of the night, but the car felt good on the run and I had to let up to get the tires to stop spining. So I made one more, 14.78@92mph on a 2.1 60'. The car is a white 04 GTP with all the goodies minus the Comp G. Next year I hope to see 13's with only a few little items, seeing as it is the family car. :p

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by Fish@Nov 2 2004, 03:43 PM
Actually, I hear the 04 PCM is more restrictive than the 97-03 PCM. So bigger gains Id say.
[snapback]58973[/snapback]​

yup... the torque management is a bitch in it... i've never seen a stock previous model PCM (hmmm... though w/my new HPT update I can :D) but the Torque Management in my GTP was tons worse than the TA....

Only thing I don't like is that the 04s don't have a Performance switch option... (no feed into the PCM) ... I wanted to remove Torque Management when in performance mode (which I had incorrectly hoped was tap-shift mode) but leave it for normal driving... to save the transmission...

Not sure about timing and fueling though... haven't delved that far into it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info