3800 '04 test car needed

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
A good cam and pulley should get that car to 288 HP ? What incentive is there for someone to shell out $2600 (and loss of car for a day or two ??) ? I understand they are going to put a ton of parts on the car but I thought the point of loaning out a car for a TEST is to get a deal ?

When we beta stuff out we give at least 50% off depending on risk, and expected level of participation required of the owner.

I know they are eating up labor, but people are being asked to upt up an almost $30K car to a test. I'm SURE nothing is giong to go very wrong as it shoudln't be that big of a deal, but people get nervous when putting up anything they ahve substantial money in?

I would expect the deal to be a little more enticing to get some more turn out.

Not a flame at all, just an observation??

pimpiumz34

Apr 28, 2008
I guess that's what happens when you are starving for HP, anything will look good. Intense has always operated this way. I remember back when they wanted to sponsor a L36 Monte, they wanted you to buy all of the parts at retail, and they would install them for you. I was interested until they said that it would be like $6K to get into the 13's. No price breaks whatsoever on the parts.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Oct 30 2004, 01:19 AM
clint, sponsored cars are expected to run good times, therefore, they must have alot of mods, who do you think should pay for that? sponsored cars get huge breaks, but they still pay for much of the cost, as they should.
[snapback]58682[/snapback]​

fuck man, clint isn't even zzp sponsored. he handed down way less than 6K and now list l36 monte runs low 12's.....

btw, not all the 04 guys are lovin that intense deal. I know of at least one who's not , tee hee hee :lolsign:

pimpiumz34

Apr 28, 2008
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Oct 30 2004, 01:19 AM
clint, sponsored cars are expected to run good times, therefore, they must have alot of mods, who do you think should pay for that? sponsored cars get huge breaks, but they still pay for much of the cost, as they should.
[snapback]58682[/snapback]​

Yeah, I'm not sponsored. All I was saying is that either A. Intense should get their own '04 to test their parts on. Or B. Since this is a first run unit, and unproven as of yet, Intense should give some money off the price of the part to the customer willing to give up their car.

But hey, if they can get someone to pay full price, then why would they ever have to give discounts to regular folks like us.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info