3800 Pulley put on

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Hey all. I bought a 3.2 pulley and have mods going on to help it. My local shop's pulley puller broke, so I went over to my friends house to use his...well his has stripped threads and cant turn the nut. I am screwed. I dont have a pulley on it now, I have the new pulley in my passenger seat. I live in Rockford, I can drive anywhere for help. I need someone to put on my pulley. I am willing to drive anywhere to get help. I am taking a trip to Ohio on Monday so if anyone can help me out that would be great. I need to get this on beforeI leave on monday at NOON. I am willing to buy some beer, cash, anything. I know I am doing this on short notcie but I have tried everywhere local. If anyone can help pleeeeez let me know :(

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well assuming everyone is busy, and that this is extremely important. Some people have been able to put on the pulley without a tool. What they did was throw a bag of ice on the shaft for like 20-30 mins. While you put the pulley in the oven at like 400* for 20 or so minutes. Then pull the bag of ice off the shaft, dry it up, put down antisieze and then try and just slide the pully on.

This has worked for several people on the national board. There hasnt seem to be any negative effects with the heating and cooling of the parts. But just to let you know there is always a chance at a problem happening, and you cant blame me if one does ;) .

But if worse comes to worse, you can try that. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info