3800 Well it is done...

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Well, it is done, I have completed the upgrade, and everything seems to be ok.

So far, the only thing I can find that has been corupted because of the upgrade has been the Garage.

I have a message to the creator, asking if there is a way to recover it. So we shall see..

This is the newest version of our message board. There are TONS of new features. And, of course, some things that will take some getting used to.

For now, the best thing to do, is to roam around, and see the new items.

A couple of noticable differences will be:

1. The Calendar, MUCH different, and more useful

2. The PM system is quite different.

3. A new option on the bottom of the board for "lo-fi" version, this is good for people on 56k and slower connections.

An option for those old school BBSer's is the different layout options on the top right hand side of a thread.

5. The quick skin changer, at the bottom of the forum. I will be adding new skins soon.

6. A new Subscription Manager, this will help me organize those who have donated (I appreciate it) and will afford for new upgrades in the near future. So please check this feature out.

7. People's profiles look much different.

8. New announements are at the top of each forum (that it may apply to)

9. My Controls now has more features. You can see the last couple of visited posts, and several other options.

10. A Search bar is at the top of the forum, so this will save a couple of clicks.

11. This site is designed for resolutions BETTER than 800x600. Meaning if you are less than 1024x768, it may not look great.

In closing, there are MANY other changes that will happen VERY soon. I have been working on this quite a bit, and need a break from the forum. Groups will change, forums will change, colors will change, and things may act weird. Users may be in the wrong group, forums may be not quite right, let me know about these things.

If you notice things acting up, please report these in the Forum Bugs Section.

If your account isn't quite right, or something isn't working, make sure to let me know, as it could be a result of the upgrade. Hopefully we won't have to make another upgrade like this, for quite some time.

Thanks, and I should be on the forums by tomorrow, please, feel free to PM or message me with questions, however, I may not get to it right away.

I also want to thank the people at Invision, as they did help me a LOT!!! I had professionals that created the software helping, and it still took a week, this should tell you how bad it was.

I

imported_Theautoguy

I know most of you may never have met me before while others have probably forgot but believe me when I say with true sincerity, "John, it's few times in one's life when they have the honor to have an aquantance with a person who has given so much of themselves, for so many, for so little in return. Thank you for your investment in this benchmark of web forums. All forum admin's should bow to ThaLord! You are a true geek and car nut!"

Don, the token Regal Dude

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
:eek:
wow.. you know how to make a guy blush...

I appreciate all the kind comments..it was quite a bit more work, than I expected... but with the support of all my fellow ILGPCer's.. it will be well worth it..

Now.. it's time to get more organized.. kinda like the way we started.. let's turn over a new leaf.. and really start trying to make this our club.

We all really owe the people who donated.. because lately.. I have been broke.. and couldn't have done it without their help!!!

For all the rest of you.. check out our new Paid Subscriptions feature.. under your "My Controls" section :p

Thanks!

John

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by ThaLord@Oct 21 2004, 11:12 PM

We all really owe the people who donated.. because lately.. I have been broke.. and couldn't have done it without their help!!!

For all the rest of you.. check out our new Paid Subscriptions feature.. under your "My Controls" section  :p

Thanks!

John
[snapback]57674[/snapback]​

John, did you get my first donation?
I signed up on the paid subscription and hope to do it every month.

Thanks again for the great site.

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Looks awesome and a lot different than the previous version! Always cool to get something new, that way it gives me something to mess around with all day here at work. :p

Thanks John for you hard work put in the last few days and enjoy your time off and away from the computer screen, you would look wierd if you were cross-eyed :blink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info