3800 New PB for me

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by kazoo@Oct 18 2004, 08:46 AM
Well went to the track this Sunday and ran a

12.416 @ 110.72 with a 1.973 60'

and for you non believers what was with stock Borla catback.

I like to thank the Powrtuner for this because it let me dial the car in. I will be looking for hi 11's next year. :p

John
[snapback]57606[/snapback]​

Ive been saying it for years...

Its velocity, not volume.....

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Oct 21 2004, 08:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-kazoo
@Oct 18 2004, 08:46 AM

I like to thank the Powrtuner for this because it let me dial the car in. I will be looking for hi 11's next year. :p

John

[snapback]57634[/snapback]​
[/b]

Well I guess these large exhuast on much slower GPs arnt that great then.....
HOw many moddified gtps every even hit the 12s? :rolleyes:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Hey, how bout a nice warm glass of GFU.

I think everyone knows that big dog headers are for wild cams with aftermarket heads and an aftermarket blower/turbo. Technically, your headers are a bit bigger than what your running so go take them off now. :rolleyes:

Who knows. Maybe you would run better than 13.8 if you had anything else besides borla.

kazoo

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
East Peoria
Thanks guys.

Once interesting think I have found out is I was looking into getting a cutout instead of spending money on a new exhaust. Somone on ClubGP asked how much peoples times improved with a cutout. The average answere was .1 ET and 1 MPH. Some actually lost speed. I can pick up .1 ET with just taking my headlight out. So if open headers or open cat only imporves so little than a little bigger exhaust cant help that much. I would love to see someone take a stock exhaust and run it on a modified car to see what they get. Than put a borla on and then a custom 3". I would love to see what the differences would be. This is a hint for Intense or ZZP that have the money to do this.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Hey, how bout a nice warm glass of GFU.

I think everyone knows that big dog headers are for wild cams with aftermarket heads and an aftermarket blower/turbo. Technically, your headers are a bit bigger than what your running so go take them off now. :rolleyes:

Who knows. Maybe you would run better than 13.8 if you had anything else besides borla.

If my car w a SC is to much then what is your car w no SC?

:blink:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Oct 21 2004, 08:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-kazoo
@Oct 18 2004, 08:46 AM

John

[snapback]57634[/snapback]​
[/b]

Hey, why dont you go with S&S headers since its all about velocity instead of volume. :eek: :rolleyes:

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by VHGTP+Oct 26 2004, 12:34 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Oct 25 2004, 05:59 PM
Whats wrong, know Im right?
[snapback]58109[/snapback]​

dang dude... you just wont let it go will ya?? :rolleyes: :blink: :p
[snapback]58205[/snapback]​
[/b]

NO, he never can.

I just think its funny how my TOGs are too big even though I have a SC...

His SLPs on a NA engine is funny to me.

Tell you the truth, headers on a GTP arnt even all that great of deal HP to $$$ ratio...............Id feel totally screwed on GT.......

My headers with my new Intercooler should work great.....even with a measly, to small, cheap quality Borla exhaust......

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Oct 26 2004, 12:51 AM-->
Originally posted by VHGTP@Oct 26 2004, 12:34 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Oct 25 2004, 05:59 PM
Whats wrong, know Im right?
[snapback]58109[/snapback]​

dang dude... you just wont let it go will ya?? :rolleyes: :blink: :p
[snapback]58205[/snapback]​

NO, he never can.

I just think its funny how my TOGs are too big even though I have a SC...

His SLPs on a NA engine is funny to me.

Tell you the truth, headers on a GTP arnt even all that great of deal HP to $$$ ratio...............Id feel totally screwed on GT.......

My headers with my new Intercooler should work great.....even with a measly, to small, cheap quality Borla exhaust......
[snapback]58208[/snapback]​
[/b]

You keep contradicting yourself, so thats why I wont let it go.

Heres some reading for ya.

ZZPs GT runs 12.X na with togs
INTENSEs GT runs 13.3X na with togs.
Anthony Arosemena runs 14.61 @ 96.75 mph na with togs. Heres the shit kicker. HE HAS STOCK CAM, HEADS, AND ROCKERS!!

Think my SLPs are too big now big mouth??

As far as my times with headers, I have alot of things to do, and alot of tuning. Dont worry about my times or my money, and I wont lose any sleep about yours. I just want you to admit that you are wrong and not all knowing like you think you are.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Oct 26 2004, 12:51 AM

Tell that to James. (iliveonnitro) I think when he installed his cam, we went 15.3. Added headerback exhaust and went 14.3. Damn, that looks like a real waste to me. :rolleyes:

Also, you didnt go down a pulley with your togs, so I can see why you would think its not worth it for the money.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
no one can take my pulley off.......otherwise id have a 3.3 on there....who cares anyway.....

Yes, intense and zzp ran good times......they have boat loads of money....

Never said I knew everything or claimed to........you just always start crap about my post.........Please dont respond to my post anymore....

kazoo

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
East Peoria
OK guys lets relax here. I did not want to start shit when I posted that I ran this time with the Borla. I just read somewhere that there was not a GP in the 12's with a Borla exhaust. I just wanted to show I have a Borla and ran in the 12's, but I also have a lot of other things done to the car. Anyway like I mentioned before the only way to resolve the whole exhaust argument we need Intense or ZZP to get a few different exhaust setups and dyno the same car and run the same car at the track. This way it would really show if the bigger exhausts are really that much better. I would really like to know becasue I have a lot of stuff on the car but I am not as fast as I should be. I just want to know if it is my exhaust holding me back or something else. This is a hobby for me and I have been working on my car for over 5 years now. Always trying to go faster. My ultimate goal is to hit the 11's. Once I do that I am done with the car and going to move onto something else. So what I am trying to say is relax and enjoy the hobby. :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info