3800 map intercooler sale

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I have a MAP....Its a custom core though. Simular to the gen 5 set up. 5 water passages...

Anyway, alot of cock fighting on the topic...Everyone wants to say they OWN the best.

In my opinion, thay are all unique in there own respects. They have there own advantages and disadvantages. Its up to you to identify them and work with it to suit your combo...You can even supplement you IC with WI or PI if you breathing well and have some boost..

I beleive the MAP is pulling the most heat out of thr air. Hence the hotter water temps...It seems to lack in the water cooling(exchanger) So I installed and electric cooling fan and I have and ice box in the trunk for hot days and the track. I also have more coolent volume and im adding more..

Ron Vogel is doing alot of IC things..He may have some more tips. But for now put it on and put a fan on the exchanger if you want. It will suit you purposes..

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Any of the IC's out there are good; as Rob already stated. The SS IC from ZZP is prolly the least efficient. Any of the IC's; ZZP, Intense, MAP, Thrasher, LP's, are going to pull enough heat out of the air to drop a lot of pulley size. As long as the system is matched you're good to go; ie: Core, pump speed, heat exchanger, tubing size. I've got one of the first LPIC's on, and it does an adequate job, even with a junkyard heat exchanger on; and it having a really tiny core. The MAP looks to have the biggest core, but the ZZP has an advantage as the core floats in a "basket" to reduce heat soak. I haven't seen the Intense one, but I'm sure it will do well too. As always it's a combo of parts that wins in the end, most likely with any of the IC's your going to be able to push more air than the heads have the ablity to flow before you start seeing knock.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Ron, the MAP has air passages in the core. Or its not a solid type. I think it also fairs well in the heat soak dept. Also the 3/4" allow for more volume. I would like to add another exchanger somewhere or a capacity reserve cannister.

I saw 92* water temps. I was running around on a 75* day. I just had a cooler full of 92* water(10-12psi). Not bad for the ICE EATER....I still will be looking for ways to cool the intake charge cause I'll need the extra cooling when I drop the pulley size.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Oct 17 2004, 01:40 AM
I wish I "COULD" give you an HONEST reveiw....but everyone here wants you to by the WBS...SHTUFFT <_<
Give an honest review Johnny. No one is stopping you. Honesty doesn't bother me. If if you want to compare it to my intercooler though make sure you don't confuse it with the Gen I ILGPC core you had. It's all I ask.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info