3800 180 degree T-Stat

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Now this is strange. When I went up to the track in Wisconsin my cars engine light was on. Thanks to a couple of the guys they ran the codes on my car and it came up as a t-stat code. what the hell? I am going to take it apart tonight while im changing my oil because that needs to be changed real bad. NE ideas on the t-stat? Because the light came back on.

I

imported_snoop

what year car do you have? if it is i think 00 or newer, colder t-stats will set off the a code. long story short, the brain is saying that the motor is not warming up to optimal temperature so it throws a light. what you have to do(or what i did), get a resistor(i have one for you if you want) and plug it into the IAT sensor and you wont get that code anymore. easy fix. let me know.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by snoop@Oct 15 2004, 02:56 PM
what year car do you have? if it is i think 00 or newer, colder t-stats will set off the a code. long story short, the brain is saying that the motor is not warming up to optimal temperature so it throws a light. what you have to do(or what i did), get a resistor(i have one for you if you want) and plug it into the IAT sensor and you wont get that code anymore. easy fix. let me know.
I will try the resistor. Just give me a time and place. Thanks for the offer

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by snoop@Oct 15 2004, 02:56 PM
I thought that was the case on the 160 t-stat with the 00 plus GPs

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by MIKES3+Oct 15 2004, 03:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MIKES3 @ Oct 15 2004, 03:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-snoop@Oct 15 2004, 02:56 PM
I thought that was the case on the 160 t-stat with the 00 plus GPs [/b][/quote]
yeah, i got a 160 in mine, but with this COLD ass weather that might have done it. what town are you in.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by snoop+Oct 15 2004, 04:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (snoop @ Oct 15 2004, 04:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MIKES3@Oct 15 2004, 03:42 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-snoop
@Oct 15 2004, 02:56 PM

I thought that was the case on the 160 t-stat with the 00 plus GPs
yeah, i got a 160 in mine, but with this COLD ass weather that might have done it. what town are you in. [/b][/quote]
I'm out in the NW suburbs near Crystal Lake. That would be near Carpentersvill and Elgin. Just in case your not familiar

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info