3800 How do you make the City Pay?

I

imported_snoop

i dont know, maybe just file a complaint or whatever with the city and see where that goes. i was thinking about doing that after i broke my fuckin rim in half that one time, but i figured it would be a waste of time. good luck if you do

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I dont know about in the city but whare I live ( the middle of nowhare) out in the seneca,mazon area I bent an 18 inch wheel and poped a tire on a pot hole I was so pissed I looked up the home phone number of the road comitioner and gave him a peic of my mind at 11:00 at night 2 weeks later the pothole was filled and I had a brand new wheel and a new tire I think it would be best if you called the cops and filed a report then you would have proof of what happend and could use it as leverage

brett

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
Originally posted by alexgtp@Oct 15 2004, 08:13 AM
Your shit out of luck!

The city is not responsible for negligent driving..LOL!

BASTARDS!!
That's not true Alex.

My dad had a co-worker who was killed due to a pot hole(more like a crater) in the city a couple yrs ago and 2 days ago his family recieved 2 million dollars settlement for his life. The thing was he hit the pot hole and the car jerked into oncoming traffic going head on with a semi truck killing him instantly. This is the only way the city will ever pay you for anything that deals with a pot hole.

Sorry bro but for a bent rim no luck...just let it go no point in trying they'll just look at you and show you the door.

Leo

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by 2KREDGHOST@Oct 15 2004, 10:52 AM
his family recieved 2 million dollars settlement for his life.
that sucks. i mean in a way i guess with the money its cool, but then again 2 years ago you are pretty much over it, and then you get this big ass check and then it just reminds you again. and even with all that money, you and get that person back. that sucks. i dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. ouch :(

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Fredo if you do figure it out, pm me because one of my 16in stock Buick 9spoke rims (re $500 at dealer) has a flat spot in it from a pot hole on 98th and Western that they left un covered for about 2 months. They probably will say I waited to long though.. bastards!
i will see if i can scrounge one up for ya when im in ohio this weekend ;)

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
Originally posted by snoop+Oct 15 2004, 11:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (snoop @ Oct 15 2004, 11:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2KREDGHOST@Oct 15 2004, 10:52 AM
that sucks. i mean in a way i guess with the money its cool, but then again 2 years ago you are pretty much over it, and then you get this big ass check and then it just reminds you again. and even with all that money, you and get that person back. that sucks. i dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. ouch :( [/b][/quote]
I have to agree with you on that money can't replace a loved one regardless the amount I prefer the loved one that I lost. I'd rather be broke but with everyone in my family in good health and breathing....

You want to know the messed up part of it. When the wife got the check she left the country with the kids and didn't tell no one she got a check not even his family to offer them some kind of retribution. They found out because one the brothers called the law firm tha represented them in court to see when the court date was so they could be there and the lawyer told him that it was settled already. Now isn't that messed up.

Leo

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by 2KREDGHOST+Oct 15 2004, 06:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2KREDGHOST @ Oct 15 2004, 06:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by snoop@Oct 15 2004, 11:22 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-2KREDGHOST
@Oct 15 2004, 10:52 AM

that sucks. i mean in a way i guess with the money its cool, but then again 2 years ago you are pretty much over it, and then you get this big ass check and then it just reminds you again. and even with all that money, you and get that person back. that sucks. i dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. ouch :(
I have to agree with you on that money can't replace a loved one regardless the amount I prefer the loved one that I lost. I'd rather be broke but with everyone in my family in good health and breathing....

You want to know the messed up part of it. When the wife got the check she left the country with the kids and didn't tell no one she got a check not even his family to offer them some kind of retribution. They found out because one the brothers called the law firm tha represented them in court to see when the court date was so they could be there and the lawyer told him that it was settled already. Now isn't that messed up.

Leo [/b][/quote]
i just dont understand. i dont understand how you could be that heartless ya know. damn, i cant even put myself in that place and think about how i would feel

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
well, my story goes like this I had low air in my tire and was going to a gas station like 10mph and these streets are really Fu*ked up on chicago and halsted. And when I got to the gas station it was still the same until i put air in it till a certain pressure then it would leak from the edge of the rim. It would stop and keep the air in enough for me to drive to just tires around my house. I got a dunlop tire and was the only instock for $170 :eek: I can imagine if i had to buy all 4. :(

So I wasnt wreckless out there, but I was thinking the samething that they wont repair my rim or refund me the money for the new tire if i went to complained which is messed up. :angry:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info