3800 Post your track results here...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
So we had a pretty good turnout here. To my recollection we had the following people show up:

Steve (Fstcash)
John (Ironman)
Brian (Fish)
Rob (GTPKid)
Mike (Mikes3)
me :)
Nick (SaturdaysGS)
J.E.T

I *think* that's all. There was also a rogue Grand Prix and Monte Carlo SS there. So all in all a pretty decent turnout. As for the results, pretty good though they fell a little short of my hopes.

First the obligitory excuse... :) I've been trapping steady at 105 - 107mph but tonight I was only trapping at 102mph. For some reason my PCM was only commanding 14 degrees of timing advance, but nevertheless, I managed a new PB.

*Drumroll*

13.248 @ 101.70mph

Once I figure the timing out and get my traps back, 12's should be a snap. In fact, with 107mph traps, deep 12's should be attainable. So overall I'm happy.

Now since the whole W Body community likes to brag about what they have stock I figure I'll join in on the fun. The passes were made with a stock throttle body, rockers, cam, heads, blower, MAF, exhaust manifolds, and the intake opening is even stock. The car's exact mods:

3.0 pulley, DHP PCM, 2.5" downpipe, Fenderwell Intake, Cut-Out, and the big one: Our intercooler kit. Yes... our intercooler kit. (Gasp)

Supporting mods: 160 degree Tstat, 104 Autolites

That's all... So overall, it's pretty healthy me thinks. Can't wait for a 12 second pass!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by syP@Oct 13 2004, 12:48 AM
hmmm something i may wanna save up for.. so is that essentially a 3rd gen ILGPC ic?
No, to my knowledge, you can no longer buy an ILGPC IC. Brian is only selling them through us and soon another vendor.

Ignore the rumors because you're sure to hear a lot of of them. Bottom line, the kit we offer on our site works no matter what name I affix to it. :)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Fish@Oct 13 2004, 12:58 AM
Still 15.2s. :( Even with radials and colder weather I couldnt get a new time. My traps were back at 89-90 MPH, but slower ET. Go figure. I think its time to take off the HVII. From what I have been hearing its not doing me any good anymore.
Change the avatar title. You're bringing me down man! Lets rip that intake off. Come by Sunday. We'll be doing Zack's blower.

Oh wait, you and that damned job.

Oh well, at least we got some Texas Roadhead errrrr House.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by J.E.T.@Oct 13 2004, 01:21 AM

Hey, I thought you said that place was no good! You changing your story? :p

I had to leave the track early - I wasnt even suppose to be there :ph34r: .

J.E.T.
I said the waiting staff was not as good as the one in Joliet and it isn't! :)

Ask John and Brian. We had a white cowboy who thought he was brought up in Compton. He kept calling us "dawg" and "homey" and I think he flashed a gang sign at me. So I might be in a gang now... I really don't know.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Mike K+Oct 13 2004, 01:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike K @ Oct 13 2004, 01:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J.E.T.@Oct 13 2004, 01:21 AM

J.E.T.

Ask John and Brian. We had a white cowboy who thought he was brought up in Compton. He kept calling us "dawg" and "homey" and I think he flashed a gang sign at me. So I might be in a gang now... I really don't know. [/b][/quote]
I thought he called John honey. :lolsign: :lolsign:

F

fastcash

Personal best, stock with no air filter: [email protected] - 2.129 60'

I had fun but wasn't able to go out to eat because of time and money. It was nice to meet some of you guys. Also, my check engine light went off on the way home, but after i got gas in illinois it went back on..stupid o2 sensors. all in all i had fun as did my girlfriend, who might i add ran a 14.9 in my car. ;)

princess01

Jun 16, 2008
Originally posted by Fish+Oct 13 2004, 01:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fish @ Oct 13 2004, 01:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Mike K@Oct 13 2004, 01:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-J.E.T.
@Oct 13 2004, 01:21 AM

J.E.T.

Ask John and Brian. We had a white cowboy who thought he was brought up in Compton. He kept calling us "dawg" and "homey" and I think he flashed a gang sign at me. So I might be in a gang now... I really don't know.
I thought he called John honey. :lolsign: :lolsign: [/b][/quote]
WOW! What the hell kind of place is that. Was it a gay bar? LOL.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by xttc2000@Oct 13 2004, 03:00 PM
what kinda 60' and tire mike?

awesome times, but they dont add up unless you had some kind of tire on it to get sub 1.95 60's

and no im not calling BS, just being nosey
I wasn't at GLD, but Ive gotten sub 1.95's on stock diff and regular street tires. I was using Yokohama YK 420's in a 235/55/16.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I got a 1.98 short time on the 13.2 run

Edit: Tires were Nitto 555rIIs. Obviously I'm not great at launching with them as I only got 2 1.9s all night and they were both nearly 2.0s.

Part of the problem was that I could not keep the car still during the burnout. It would pull no matter what I did. I started going funny car style and just shot past the starting lights then reversed. On my last run I finally got the car to plant it's ass and did a Miller style burnout (ask Fish :) ) but when I staged the inside of my car was full of smoke, as was the front of the car. I couldn't see outside, they knew this, and they redlighted me. That would have been a 12 second pass, but you know... close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

The car is obviously very strong for what it has done. I am going to pull a 12 on the 3.0 pulley.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by xttc2000@Oct 13 2004, 03:00 PM
what kinda 60' and tire mike?

awesome times, but they dont add up unless you had some kind of tire on it to get sub 1.95 60's

and no im not calling BS, just being nosey
Hey Steve, aren't you the one that claimed 13.4s on a 3.4? I'm not calling BS either but talk about things not adding up man! :)

malaka

Dec 22, 2008
The rogue Monte SS was me, sorry I didn't come over and BS. I got there late, and was trying to figure out some fuel problems I have because I put in some 42.5 lb injectors and the LS1 TB and didn't really have too much time to tune before I got to the track. I ended up with a 13.794 @ 103.08 with a 2.215 60', need to get the fuel right and head up to the track again.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by malaka@Oct 13 2004, 04:16 PM
The rogue Monte SS was me, sorry I didn't come over and BS. I got there late, and was trying to figure out some fuel problems I have because I put in some 42.5 lb injectors and the LS1 TB and didn't really have too much time to tune before I got to the track. I ended up with a 13.794 @ 103.08 with a 2.215 60', need to get the fuel right and head up to the track again.
Should have stopped by! You were only one car ahead of me when we were all BSing and taking pictures in the staging lanes. :)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by malaka@Oct 13 2004, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I heard your car drive by and thought I heard a blower, so I got outta my car on my last pass and listend and watch your run. I think it was a 14.0.

Yeah, Couldnt see the guy waving me forward on Mikes last burnout. :lolsign:

Well.....MIKE...not rob.......TOM buddy! my name is tom!!! LOL, i thought i heard you call me rob...Anyways..i hit my personal best last night...

1/4: 13.517
60': 2.001
trap: 99.07

I had a few other 13.5 runs....i was VERY happy....beat some...what i thought to be, fast cars...lol

Hehe, this mournin, i woke up, and was going to work and saw probally a whole tires worth of rubber on my fender wall....Woops! LOL

It was to nice to meet you all, wish i coulda went to that place for food, but, like steveo said, time and money .....tired as fuck.....yea...yea john...call me what you will....(someone who can't get mid 14s with a GTP) :lolsign:

Lataz

malaka

Dec 22, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K+Oct 13 2004, 04:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike K @ Oct 13 2004, 04:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-malaka@Oct 13 2004, 04:16 PM
The rogue Monte SS was me, sorry I didn't come over and BS.  I got there late, and was trying to figure out some fuel problems I have because I put in some 42.5 lb injectors and the LS1 TB and didn't really have too much time to tune before I got to the track. I ended up with a 13.794 @ 103.08 with a 2.215 60', need to get the fuel right and head up to the track again.
Should have stopped by! You were only one car ahead of me when we were all BSing and taking pictures in the staging lanes. :) [/b][/quote]
yeah I know I should have, didn't want to interrupt you guys.

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
yes i did run 13.4s on a 3.4 pulley. with drag radials on torque stars, full interior and driving to the track on 100 octane.

at the time i could rev it up as high as it would stall and pop the brake and floor it and not spin the tires, now the car cant go WOT below 30-35mph without ripping the tires up (regular radials now)

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Best Run
R/T .130
60' 2.079 (GoodYear AquaTread 3's)
1/8 9.122 @ 76.38
1/4 14.244 @ 95.88

Just wanted to thank Mike, and everyone for coming up with and going to the track and everyone else for accepting the lowly Regal with the Grand Prixs. I had a great time, and meeting everyone was great! Sorry for not saying an actual goodbye or c-ya as I was hoping to attend dinner (which I heard was a blast!), but I noticed funds were almost non existant, as was my tank of gas. Thanks for the good time!

-Nick

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info