3800 Install Help

I was wondering if anyone can give me some more detailed instructions on how I can put them in or even help me. The directions are more for the electrical and I am horrible at electrical stuff to begin with. How long should this take me? I am traveling this weekend and I would love to have them in to show another Grand Prix owner because he is thinking of purchasing a set. Work and school have me busy the rest of the week. I might just have to wait, but any instructions or help would be greatly appreciated for when I do try to take this on depending on how difficult it is and how badly I can screw it up. Especially on using and modifying my stock brackets... Thank you in advance everyone :) ...

Morgan

antpearl

Regular
Nov 21, 2008
Palatine
There are no specialty tools required. I can help you Thursday AM or all day Friday. I have done this twice. It is very easy to do, the only modification is cutting the bracket from the factory foglight. Splice into the factory switch wire, I believe it is white, run the wires and mount the switch and run a power source. 1 maybe 1.5 hours. Tops

How late are you available? I get home from class at 4 is that too late? I guess I could drive home between my two classes but I would get home at 11 and I would have to leave at 1 or a little after to make it to my next class. Depending on how long you think it would take? Let me know I would really appreciate it I would love to get them installed before this weekend. Thanks Kyle!!! By the way I love your ride and you need to take me for a longer spin sometime :) .

Morgan

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Well we have very conflicting schedules. Tomorrow I work at 5:30. And then thursday I work at both of my jobs (7:30 am - 11:30 pm). And I pretty much busy all day friday.
I assume this would take about 2 hours though (never put any in considering I sold mine to you ;) )

So I guess I couldnt really help you with it until after this weekend. Unless On wednesday I could help start on it but I'd have to leave around 5:30 but my buddy that I do all my work with could finish it for sure (cuz I'd probabally do it at his garage anyway).

So if thats cool we can do it tomorrow if you want. If not maybe someone else can help you get them done beofre this weekend. just let me know.

kyle

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by My GT The White Stallion@Oct 12 2004, 10:30 PM
By the way I love your ride and you need to take me for a longer spin sometime :) .
Just noticed that part.
Thanks. It was being kind of doggy when you were in it though. :blink:
But if you ever wanna hang out hit me up, I know what its like being new to the area and not really knowing what to do.

If you want to do it tomorrow that would be cool if I am a little late for class that is okay or my buddy owes me and she can take notes for me. That should give us enough time. Just let me know where to meet you. I should be back in the Naperville area around 11 or so. We can do it at my place too if the weather isnt bad. Just hit me back and let me know...

Morgan

P.S. You car was ten times cooler than mine it was neat riding in it... I will have to take you up on your offer at some point... :D

A little after 11 at my place how about. Its off of 34. Just mapquest it. My addy is 470 APT D Echo Lane Aurora 60504. You will most likely see my car parked in the lot just park in there... See you tomorrow, You have my cell just call it tomorrow if you have any more questions. I am going to bed... Bring tools please because I do not have much if any useful ones. The directions posted by another member were helpful listing what we need and how to put them in. If you have a printer you can print them out cause I do not have a working one. Just so things go smoothly...

Morgan

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
i was thinkin.... I dont really want to work in a parking lot not to be a dick or ne thing... i mean my friends garage is perfect, thats where i do all my work. So we should definately meet at sears and you can follow us back this way. Then tools and everything we need is handy. You never know what may pop up, and we dont want to drag out all his tool.

PM me back if this wont work. Otherwise ill call you when we are at sears.

Thank you for the offer antpearl. Kyle and his buddy Chris put them in today for me. A big thank you to them!!!! :). I owe them big time. I will have to take pics at some point I really love them. I do have a question though. How do I replace the bulb if it burns out and change the LED or color of the LED if it burns out? Thank you everyone for helping me I really do appreciate it. You all deserve only the best. Have a great night and a wonderful day tomorrow... This entire board and its members are AWESOME.

Morgan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info