3800 What the hell is going on w/ my car?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
To me and my limited knowledge of cars, it seems to me like a fuel issue, why you ask?

-Seems like hitting the "fuel cutoff point", but clearly not according to Tach.
-Car seems to want to go, but is getting held back by lack of something ^

I noted you do have bigger injectors to compensate, but how about the fuel pump? I really dont know how much they flow, and maybe yours is on its way out under high load, and/or not enough gas to "cool" it down is just making it worse?

BUT

-I also came up with that, the spark could be getting blown out by such high boost, but I also dont know much about plug gap on supercharged engines.
-Or also how about you getting valve float and the air from the supercharger is getting rammed into the engine like crazy which causes the boost spike.

Im just throwing out ideas here, and am trying to learn, I could be totally off base, so dont take it like I have 30 years knowledge. Sorry im of no real help.

-Nick

i have the gen 1s...the reworked stockers i believe is what they were originally referred to...after reading alot of posts about valve float, i'm conviced this is the problem. i'm ordering new springs and retainers as we speak. i'm going w/ 105's b/c i plan on doing a cam next year

alex, hit me up on aim at crazymook69...i wanna chat before i order stuff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info