3800 too lean

F

fastcash

i still have about 6 gal. of 100 octane in from my excursion last night...is this the problem?

i installed the cold air intake, pulled the - battery terminal overnight and got the sevice engine soon light...is this the problem?

the code is p0171 system too lean (bank one)

my problem is trying to fix this....do i need to fix this...how do i fix this...do i need to fix this immediately....will this cause long term problems if not corrected?

thanks all

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'd say the CAI just bring a problem you already had to the surface. You may have a vac leak, and the trims are pegged. If you get a scan, check the IAC counts. A stock TB will run around 40ish. Our TB's have a rep of leaking at the gasket, and is one of the first places to suspect a leak. If you have a TB spacer, it's definately the leak.

F

fastcash

i need to hook up with a member with a full scanner. unfortunately i do not know too much of what your talking about but i can speculate ;)

i beleive one of my sensors might be bad, but like i said, speculation....my mods include: cold air intake!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• F
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list