3800 car help needed!!!

malaka

Dec 22, 2008
ok so I decided to finally get my Ls1 TB on my car after sitting in the box for 3 months. I got everything on and after I got my vaccum line problem fixed, I started it up to do some tuning. This is where it gets strange.

Problem 1 The TPS is reading 99.6% at idle

Problem 2 o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 is bouncing from from 940-5, but the long term fuel trim is fine. Is the sensor bad, or is it suppose to do that???

Problem 3 Car dies when going into reverse without some gas

Problem 4 Car will not shift out of 1st automatically or manually. Trans is an Intense unit with like 10,000 miles on it, and fluid looks clean. Also was working perfectly fine before I did the TB.

Well that's about it for now, hopefully my problems are easily fixed or it's gonna be a long couple of weeks. Any help or advice on any of my problems would appreciated.

Thanks for any help in advance!!!!!!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

TPS is wired backwards, it's a problem on those kits from what I understand. The trans problems are directly related to the TPS. I just went through the same thing with a bad TPS connection on my car. It won't shift until you let off, and 4th gear can go out, or the TC won't catch...all from the TPS. Once the TPS is back to normal, your trans will be A-OK.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
problem 1- i agree with ron, your tps at idle should be .4%
Problem 2 o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 is bouncing from from 940-5, but the long term fuel trim is fine. Is the sensor bad, or is it suppose to do that???
at idle or WOT? if at WOT you are dead on where you want to be, if at idle, please send me a complete scan to [email protected]

malaka

Dec 22, 2008
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Oct 10 2004, 01:08 AM
problem 1- i agree with ron, your tps at idle should be .4%
at idle or WOT? if at WOT you are dead on where you want to be, if at idle, please send me a complete scan to [email protected]
Thanks guys I didn't think it could be the trans, or at least I was hoping it wasn't :) . The o2 problem is at idle, and once I get this TPS sensor worked out I'll post some scans. Again thanks guys!!!!! was hoping that 1 problem led to the other and that all it was was something stupid.

I

imported_snoop

THE FART CAN MUST ALIGN WITH THE ADJUSTABLE KRANK SOCKET SPRING, AND TORQUED TO MAXIMUM CAP, THEREFORE THE IAC IS FUCKED UP. BUY ANOTHER MOTOR. YOUR GASKETS CANT FUNCTION WITH THE VERTICLE ASSPHINCTER KNOB. SO IN LAMENS TERMS YOUR FUCKED, OPA. :lolsign:

malaka

Dec 22, 2008
Originally posted by snoop@Oct 12 2004, 02:10 PM
THE FART CAN MUST ALIGN WITH THE ADJUSTABLE KRANK SOCKET SPRING, AND TORQUED TO MAXIMUM CAP, THEREFORE THE IAC IS FUCKED UP. BUY ANOTHER MOTOR. YOUR GASKETS CANT FUNCTION WITH THE VERTICLE ASSPHINCTER KNOB. SO IN LAMENS TERMS YOUR FUCKED, OPA. :lolsign:
Wow I didn't even think about all that, your a real smart guy maybe someday I could be as knowledgable as you. B)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• M
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list