• Neither I have a turbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was wondering the same thing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
For 90% of the guys out there the Gen V will be all the blower they ever need, especially couples with an intercooler. You have to ask yourself if you're looking to go 11's... That's the door Steve is knocking on with no IC. Add an IC to that and you'll never need any more.

You wanna go all the way, go whipple. No current option but we're working on a kit that will utilize the 2300ax head. :)

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
The gen 5 sounds promising but hte M112 isn't a slouch either guys.

J/O was right there with Bumpin at GPG. I know he was running an intercooler whiel bumpin was not, but I"m quite sure bumpin does have a more aggressive cam (according to intense). I also think bumpin is running heads as well.

The M112 setup should flow more air per revolution which means that you don't have to spin it as fast to get as much air. If you look to eaton's website you will see that heat increasing with blower speed so it would be good to keep that as low as possible. (also heat exponentially goes up with boost as well so thats something to keep your eyes on as well).

From what is said on clubgp the M112 hybrid is no more, so its probably going to be cheap if you can find the parts.

The Gen V m90 though seems to hold an advantage in installation as you really shouldn't have to do much with it as far as relocating anything?? The hybrid does require an alternator extension bar or something. ask j/o.

Neither is seriously difficult.

Turbo or Whipple would definitely be a better solution if you're goign for the "ultimate" power car.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
J/O was right there with Bumpin at GPG. I know he was running an intercooler whiel bumpin was not, but I"m quite sure bumpin does have a more aggressive cam (according to intense). I also think bumpin is running heads as well.
you are correct, johnny runs an HL cam, while i run a stage 3 cam and heads. i think my setup as well as j/o's are not nearly maximized yet though, we both could use alot of tuning i believe. we both tossed on new blowers within 1 week of GPG, so im sure we could both do alot better. Im not sure if j/o will be at the track anymore this year (i hope he is, i want better times from him, he has alot more potential, his car has the power) he could hit 12.4X. I will be at the track later this month twice, so im hoping i can get my tuning issues fixed (i was a dumbass and completely fucked up at GPG, i was scanning the wrong parameters and was tuning the wrong direction, lol)
Turbo or Whipple would definitely be a better solution if you're goign for the "ultimate" power car.
i completely agree, if you want power, do not go with any version of an M90, go with either Turbo, MP112 (different from M112), or Whipple.

**no part of this is biased or a bash, im just posting my info to the best of my knowledge B)

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
on my setup, i believe my (stock) blower was maxed with a 2.8 putting out 10 PSI.

when I installed the M112 Hybrid, I get 12-14 PSI (depending on weather conditions)) with a 3.0 pulley.

stock heads, intake manifold, T/B, injectors, fuel rails.

best stock blower time...12.73 :)
best M112 time....12.51 :)

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well its been said that ZZP is working on some new porting techniques that makes their older ones obsolete. So we might be seeing some very nice numbers being put up by these new superchargers.

Someone off the ZZP team just put down a 11.68 with a generation 3 M90. He didnt have any suspension mods and a stock differential. This may have their new porting down...i dont know, just speculation. So it may pay to wait a little bit. Just a thought ;)

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
if you are wanting a twin screw (Whipple, or KB. both are brand names) then you are going to be heading into the custom world. Right now I dont believe there is anyone making a conversion kit to put a whipple onto a GP. If you remember the blowzilla car of INTENSE fame then you remember a twin screw blown car.

BC

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Oct 10 2004, 03:49 AM
on my setup, i believe my (stock) blower was maxed with a 2.8 putting out 10 PSI.

when I installed the M112 Hybrid, I get 12-14 PSI (depending on weather conditions)) with a 3.0 pulley.

stock heads, intake manifold, T/B, injectors, fuel rails.

best stock blower time...12.73 :)
best M112 time....12.51 :)
holy crap! didnt know you where in the 12.5s!!!!!!!! God damm!

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
If you want a whipple charger you need to talk to "Animul" on the nationl board. He has designed a couple kits for people. So he knows everything that is involved, and put down some nice times with his car. But it wont be cheap. He just sold a kit on ebay for like $1500, but the complete blower will cost that much if not more.

Thread Info