3800 You Favorite Song of Fall 04????

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Just curious as to what type of music people listen too.

Right now my favorite song is:

"Welcome to my life" by Simple plan

Im more of a punk rock type of guy. Though I like most anything with lyrics, except country :rolleyes: .

Also, though I do like most of eminems songs, Rap/hip-hop/etc as a whole has taken a plunge down the spinning water of swirly land.

I am also a slight 50's, 60's, 80's buff. Dont know every song, but since I was raised on the oldies stations and in the 80's, they will always have a place with me. :D

I

imported_Theautoguy

I'm not oblivious, I do like Velvet Revolver but they just seem to be Iggy Pop Jr. I'm just bitterly awaiting the next music revolution. For those of you who remember when grunge knocked "Hair Bands" out of the ring back in 91-93 know what I'm talking about. Now I'm not talking about watching MTV past your bedtime, I'm talking to those of you hitting the bars and wore flannel because it was comfortable not trendy. We had another little advance when Metal and Rap started to mix well with Limp Biscuit and Kid Rock. (Although Anthrax & Public Enemy are where I think it should have started.) Don't get me wrong, I loved the metal bands of the 80's but when you start getting really good bands like Quiet Riot, Slaughter and Tesla mixed up in makeup metal bands like Twisted Sister and Poison, I couldn't deal with that. (Early Motley Crue will always be exempt!) Right now we have music company manufactured groups diluting the airwaves. I find it difficult to discern passionate music from profit music.

Right now, I have the Original Blues Brother's soundtrack playing in the Regal and "Jay & Silent Bob" soundtrack in the Lightning. I'll probably rotate some Run DMC and Ozzy through in a bit. I'll probably pick up Green Day's new CD soon too.

I'm not oblivious, or old, I'm just waiting for the gears to change again!

OK, maybe I am old.

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
THEAUTOGUY:
Its funny man, but from what you wrote I'd say we were exactly the same age and on the same page. Although when you talk a music revolution, the last one I remember WAS the whole grunge thing, and had nothing to do with rap metal, which I think is catchy, but ultimately is short term crap.

You oughta come over and dig through my ridiculous CD collection, and then get 2 gether with myself and my buddy Joe (our groups have called him "80s Joe") & have a drunk music discussion. It can be better than talking cars..... lol

Long live STP...

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Velvet Revolver, Guns and Roses Greatest Hits, and Rob Zombies Greatest Hits are the only cd's I purchased this year. I didn't really even listen to GNR more than once though,cause I really liked the other two.
I don't care for most of the retro 80's stuff,because so much of it was bad in the 80's!!!!!!...... :lolsign: Most of your hair bands where manufactured back then to. Same as all the techno stuff. And now same as rap in the last couple years.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
I really dont care for velvet revolver.
They're a corparate drug addict band that just took everyone from guns and roses and put in a singer that would be more acceptable to todays general tastes.

Once they do something thats not exaclty what you would expect is the day i give that drug addicted money hungry band any respect.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by toastyj@Oct 10 2004, 09:01 PM
THEAUTOGUY:
Its funny man, but from what you wrote I'd say we were exactly the same age and on the same page. Although when you talk a music revolution, the last one I remember WAS the whole grunge thing, and had nothing to do with rap metal, which I think is catchy, but ultimately is short term crap.

You oughta come over and dig through my ridiculous CD collection, and then get 2 gether with myself and my buddy Joe (our groups have called him "80s Joe") & have a drunk music discussion. It can be better than talking cars..... lol

Long live STP...
Shit, when grunge hit I was already comfortably wearing flannel and boots with wavy hair halfway down my back. Nirvana and Pearl Jam all the way, but Kurt swallowed buck shot and Eddie got all Micheal Stipe on us and the movement went from passion to profit by 94'.

As for music collections and 80's stuff, we have over 550 CD's and just about every top 20 plus song from when MTV first played, "The Boogles, Video Killed the Radio"! I've got about 1/6th of it on the computer but ran out of time when the semester hit, over 2100 songs and 7 Gig so far!

By the way, I'm 35, I'm getting old.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info