3800 Speeding

Well I got my first Illinois speeding ticket today :( . I was going 54 in a 40. Ouch that hurts! Let just say I was late for class on top of it. So my morning sucked. I have a few questions though. I am out of state and have my WI plate on and a Wisconsin license. I have a bond of $75.00 and I cannot find any other fines on my ticket or how many points will be taken off my license? He said something about a bond card whatever that is... Does anyone know where to find this information or how traffic citations work in Illinois? The cop said something about paying it cash or paying it right away and then it wouldnt go on my record is that possible? This is so different from Wisconsin as it seems to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Morgan :angry:

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
We dont have points like other states. You options are...pay the $75 cash right away and you get your license back. But you still need to go down to the courthouse if you want to pay for "court supervision" or "driving class". Both of these can be done to erase the ticket, but some counties dont have both. Or you can just let him take your license, and you use the ticket as a temp license. Then you can go to the courthouse pay the ticket and call it a day. Or you can go to the courthouse, request court supervision or the class. Pay for those and the ticket and call it a day.

Court supervision - Must go 3 months without another ticket in that county.

Class - Go to a class on one weekend for like 6 hrs and take a test and whatnot. Clean after you leave.

This is how it is in my county in central IL. Some things may be different depending on your county laws....

Good luck.

go to court, request to go to driving school. its only a 4 hr class (if its your first time going, if you go a 2nd time its 8hrs) and its not that bad. when i had to go all we did was read through a packet *Alive at 25* watch a video about some guy hanging out the window of a speeding car waving a piece of chicken, and take a smoke break every hr. i think it was like $105, but to me it was worth it because then the ticket gets removed from your record.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I had the option (given to me along with the ticket, if I remember correctly..) to choose to pay (send in) $105 and take the course. The $105 covered the ticket and the courses' cost. But this was for a Evergreen Park ticket, so it may be different. What does the ticket say about having to go to court/paying? I imagine the best bet would be to just go to court, worse that can happen is you have to pay for the ticket anyways. I have a story about tickets, but no need to bore anyone. Good Luck!

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Why not just do the court supervision? :confused: It's still off your record (provided you don't get another ticket within the next 3 months, as stated - though I'm pretty sure it's for the entire state of IL, not just the county), and you only need to pay the $75 for the ticket, plus maybe like $5 for court fees and such, if you choose to ask for it in court instead of applying for it through the mail. I've always gone this route, and never had a ticket on my record, or paid anything beyond the ticket fine.

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Going to class is 105bucks and its off of ur record and no supervision, go to court don't pay ticket just mark court and send it in they'll send u a post card telling u ur court date go to court plead guilty and ask for supervision first offense supervision is 3months 2nd offense supervison for 6months... if u pay for the class u just sit there for 4hrs and have no supervision it really depends what ur schedule is like and all. I go to court here in Steger and they just "throw my ticket out" no fines or supervision. Usually have to end up paying 80bucks at court 74for the ticket and then 5bucks court fees. and then sometimes its just a 50dollar fine, but ur relying on a judge then...

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Oct 5 2004, 10:05 PM
first offense supervision is 3months 2nd offense supervison for 6months

What do you mean by second offense? Like...as in your first one isn't up yet, and you get nailed again? I've never had anything other than 3 months, and I've had court supervision probably 4-5 times since I've been driving.

And you get tickets thrown out? :mellow: Damn. I think it's time to leave this town. Not a China man's chance in hell of something like that happening here.

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Yea if you get double supervison you get 6months plus the 3months, so if u had 2months left and get a ticket and then go to court to get supervision it'd be 8months supervision, the system really isn't that bad you haven't been speeding that much over, I just go to court cause its easier with my schedule, plus it gives u time to get money together if u choose school you gotta have 105in 2wks go to court they say can u pay this if u say no he gives u a month to pay it.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Oct 5 2004, 01:12 PM
Court supervision - Must go 3 months without another ticket in that county.

I'm pretty sure you can't get a ticket within a 12mo span on the county your were issued the ticket. The catch is "in the same county". I had 3 movers within a month all in different counties...got supervision for all of them and none stayed on my record B)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info