3800 M112 hybrid downfalls?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
http://zzperformance.com/zzp/products/eato...m112_hybrid.htm

It seems very easy to do... just bolt it on basically.. unless im missing the point??

24% more airflow for only ~$700-800

why dont more people have these in our club?

Im not trying to advertise at all, but i am searching around for better/more/upgraded power adders.

Sure headers and I/C will work, but a "big rotererd" supercharger seems cool. Im just tryin to see whats the big scare on this?

All i would have to do is ship them the eaton blower, they strap on a hybrid and they put on a ZZP MPS pulley system with the same size pulley as i have on now?

thats where i get a little confused.

Can any1 fill me in?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Also, Zooomer has stated that they will not be continuing this product in the future. They are looking to produce cheap turbo kits. Though it would not be soon. They feel that turbo kits would give more bang for the buck than this hybrid. You may want to email him about this for further info. But that is what I read on clubgp this past month.

Otherwise, i think it would be cool. It was an innovative idea and wouldnt be a hard install.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by syP@Oct 4 2004, 08:43 PM
http://zzperformance.com/zzp/products/eato...m112_hybrid.htm

It seems very easy to do... just bolt it on basically.. unless im missing the point??

24% more airflow for only ~$700-800

why dont more people have these in our club?

Im not trying to advertise at all, but i am searching around for better/more/upgraded power adders.

Sure headers and I/C will work, but a "big rotererd"  supercharger seems cool.  Im just tryin to see whats the big scare on this?

All i would have to do is ship them the eaton blower, they strap on a hybrid and they put on a ZZP MPS pulley system with the same size pulley as i have on now?

thats where i get a little confused.

Can any1 fill me in?
I would guess that it would generate more heat, which would mean more possible kr?

Not sure...

Either way, IC is the best way to go if you have the money..

I see full timing on my DHP with pump 93 gas (15.5 degrees), O2's 915-925, 0kr with a 3" pulley. This is with the ZZP Gen 1 IC. Im pushing around 10-10.5psi of boost. I pretty much have the same mods as you, cept my Rockers are Gen3's..

Its too bad I cant launch my car worth poop. But thats cool Im just going to make it worse cause Im gonna get an ICCU and going to drop down to a 2.8" pulley soon :lolsign:

Thanks,

Joel

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Oct 4 2004, 10:09 PM
I would guess that it would generate more heat, which would mean more possible kr?

It will generate less heat. Since it pushes more air with each turn of the rotor, you can spin it less to reach the same boost. How it would compare to a IC, I have no idea, but can only speculate that the IC would be better.
Ahh yes, that would definitely make sense (In regards to spinning slower = less heat)

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
I went from a Stock blower with 2.8 pulley with 10-11 lbs. of boost, to a hybrid with 3.0 pulley and 12-14 lbs of boost.

works GREAT!
stock heads,intake manifold, and t/b.

cam(gpstore H/L), headers(Togs), exhaust(Rat), i/c core(Zzp), hybrid(Zzp), 103 a/l(napa), DHP(DHP), Intense tranny w/329's(Intense), 7 inch cone filter(K&n)

this is one piece of art.. ;) :D

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Its funny that I have never seen these before yesterday. I think they look cool. No one seems to have them also. I was reading up and some people say it would be better to just buy a real M112 Charger. I wonder how hard it would be to build one of these? Dose anyone on here have one of these?? I dont think I have ever seen one.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It was a cool idea, but gen V blowers were also becoming more affordable without the hassle of custom parts. Plus turbos took over the scene.

It was a mix mash of parts. M90 case, 2 aluminum spacers, M112 snout and rotors. Then IIRC there was something about modifying the belt due to the extended rotors.

THEN, you had to worry about making sure the case was sealed since you had 2 extra aluminum pieces on top of the snout and blower case.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
It was a cool idea, but gen V blowers were also becoming more affordable without the hassle of custom parts. Plus turbos took over the scene.

It was a mix mash of parts. M90 case, 2 aluminum spacers, M112 snout and rotors. Then IIRC there was something about modifying the belt due to the extended rotors.

THEN, you had to worry about making sure the case was sealed since you had 2 extra aluminum pieces on top of the snout and blower case.

wow, sounds like a pain!!

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
dafuq? I made a thread about a m112?

now i own a car with a m112 blower :)

It has come full circle!

Even though this is an ancient thread recently revived, for any curious about the heat stuff (adiabatic efficiency)....I will leave these right here.

M90_5thGenMap.gif

M112_5thGenMap.gif

M90deltaT.gif

M112deltaT.gif

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
According to those delta temp maps, the m90 has about a 10degree advantage over the 112 once it's spinning up at 12000rpm @5&10psi. Those would be more useful if they continued those graphs to faster rpm and a 15psi line.

The AE graphs are really nice but it's a little hard to come up with the inlet volume. I guess I'll use 700cfm:1189cubm/hr and a pressure of 2 (that'd be like 2bar right?) so that says the m90 is at an AE that's a little out of the graph <50 and the 112 is at just over 50 which makes the m112 a little tiny bit better. But wait... are the green lines/numbers standing in as the inlet volume flow? If that's the case then the M90 is better by a fair amount. what the hell?

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
The AE graphs are really nice but it's a little hard to come up with the inlet volume. I guess I'll use 700cfm:1189cubm/hr and a pressure of 2 (that'd be like 2bar right?) so that says the m90 is at an AE that's a little out of the graph <50 and the 112 is at just over 50 which makes the m112 a little tiny bit better. But wait... are the green lines/numbers standing in as the inlet volume flow? If that's the case then the M90 is better by a fair amount. what the hell?

-The green dashed lines and green numbers represent the RPM's at which the blower is spinning.

-The black numbers on the edges of the "islands" are the adiabatic efficiencies of said islands. Basically put, stay on the smallest/highest island for the longest time throughout the rev range to get the most efficient boost. In some setups that could mean that the M112 could be the better blower for you at a given boost pressure, in other setups the M90 could be more efficient for you. Going bigger is not always better in every case when it comes to selecting a compressor that fits your needs.

I am posting a hyperlink for a simple Excel spreadsheet I made some years back to help you with that. I got tired of doing all the calculations manually when designing forced induction systems so I made this to get a quick initial snapshot of what CFM and PR at what boost levels a given displacement and VE of engine would exhibit. There are two tabs at the bottom, one for the actual graph and another that shows the contributing equations that I used to make the sheet with. The graph only outputs into CFM or LB/MIN of airflow, so you will have to manually convert to M^3 (cubic meters), but the equation for that is on the second tab. I have been planning on making a cubic meters section in the graph as well, but just have been lazy for the last 8 years. haha. The only thing you input is the yellow parts on the upper left side of the graph, which are engine displacement and VE (volumetric efficiency). For VE, if your heads are nearly stock and flow generally average, then your VE will be somewhere in the 80-85% range; if you have ported heads that flow really well then use a figure more around the 95% mark.

There are a few more things to take into account if you want to get super-accurate, but this gives a you a great idea of what your volume flow is doing and at what PR's. I made it to be simple so that a person doesn't need to be a turbo-whizz in order to use it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93014338/RANDOM%20PUBLIC%20FILES/TURBO%20CFM%20CALCULATOR%20TABLE.xls

EDIT: Decided to get off my lazy ass and add the tables in the spreadsheet graph for M^3/HR and M^3/Min. Just scroll down to the bottom of the graph.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info