3800 87 t type for $8500

• Thread starter imported_Diavolo
  • Start date

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Well, certainly it's your call, but I just don't see a TR as a daily driver. Niether do most owners (thus why this car only has 75K). I'm not saying it's going to constantly break down, but they are a bit temperamental. And considering the popularity of the cars, getting some of the more rare parts for repair isn't going to be cheap or easy. I swear, some GN owners are flat out idiots. I've watched people on eBay MANY times take an ordinary, top of the line Buick tape deck, put GN in the title, and have it bid up to over $100!!!!! If they searched, the could have found the same one for about $10, but they don't know any better. Put GN or Turbo Regal in the title of anything, and these morons bid away on it. Thus why I'm saying parts won't come cheap. But that's just my $.02.

I have one. It has 142,000 on it but looks like maybe $45K at the most. I would never ever ever ever ever drive this as an everyday car in Illinois. Give it 1 winter and the doors will rust all the way though. I drove a BEAT GN through the winter all through high school. Base high 13 sec car (mid 12's if modded easily) plus RWD plus snow = disaster. I paid $8000 for mine about 4 years ago. It is definatley in cherry condition. Mine was a southern car with not 1 spot of rust on the whole vehicle. I went through and replaced the rearend, brakes, suspension, turbo, etc. I am still 142K on the stock block though. Runslow 13's just about completely stock. I still run the stock air cleaner :) This day and age though, $8500 for a GN is a pretty good price so long as it was taken care of. BTW, it will need a paint job for sure, they all do

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info