3800 Who watched the Professional Question Dodgers?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Wow, they are very well trained when it comes to dodging questions. I was very proud of Bush for not making up words or phrases (at least that I caught). Old kerry and his war stories almost ou numbered the times Bush complained about flip-flops. Though I learned a lot from it about both candidates.....everything seemed really narrow. Kept coming back to the exact same subject...like there was nothing going on outside of America. But it was fun watching Bush getting peeved and jumping in to dispute claims.

And your thoughts?

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I think Bush did very well... and Kerry brought up a few more key reasons I don't like him (Kerry) ... especially on the question about Pre-Emptive attacks

The first half was pretty boring, but the 2nd half was much better... especially at the end (Pre-Emptive question and when Kerry got schooled by Bush on North Korea)

I'm definetly looking forward to 4 more years

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Did anyone see that thing last night on ...I *believe* it was 20/20....about the 30 pages of rules for the debates? Like the room HAS to be 68*, the ceiling has to be 35' high....oh....and the candidates are not allowed to talk directly to each other (although they bent that one a couple times), no going into details about their views, etc. It was insane. They were basically saying it's designed to give you as little info as possible on the candidates. Oh....and no parties outside of the 2 major ones (supposedly secretly agreed on by both parties after Ross Perot's initial run) allowed???? :eek: WTF is that all about?? <_<

They also mentioned that prior to these rules, the debates were designed by a league of women, back when you were allowed to answer a question, opponent can rebuttal, and then initial candidate can surebuttal. Also, the candidates could question each other directly, forcing them to think on their feet, and see their true feelings/beliefs/views. I forgot who it was that put an end to that (I know it's the 2 major parties that agreed on/designed the rules), but that's really too bad.

The reporter made a good point. What kind of a debate involves participants who don't talk/arguee with each other? You just give a generic, non-descriptive answer without any questioning on it? That's not a debate, that's a bi-partition campaign rally.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list