3800 Time is ticking...

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Cubs blow another one. They get the greatest pitching performance this year from Prior, and cannot score runs for him. And then the bullpen blows it in the 12th! Lose 2-1 to the Reds, a team decimated by injuries this year!

To be a playoff team you at least have to beat the easy teams, and the Cubs seem to struggle agaiinst these teams (Mets, Reds, etc) when it counts!

Oh well, I guess I can say its not over yet. They are currently only 1/2 game out in the wildcard standings behind Houston and San Fran, but the way they've been playing lately I wouldnt even consider them a playoff team...

I just hope the rumors arent true, and Hendry doesnt do an overhaul, but keeps the core players and just makes some tweaks to the bullpen. The Cubs are definitely capable of winning 100 games, they just need a full season to be all healthy.

Should be an interesting final 4 games of the season...

Rocky

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Dyer, IN
flag-template-L2.gif

Rocky

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Dyer, IN
I'll say this, The Cubs have one of the best pitching rotations. There is no way that they should be in this position. AS A HUGE BASEBALL FAN, this team does need some BIG changes if they want to finally win. I wouldnt say gut the team, but they need to make some big changes. Alou, Sosa, Garciaparra should not be back next year. Trade Sosa and get some good young OF talent or a SS. With the money you save on Alou, sign a good outfielder or SS.

I hate the Cubs, so its funny to see them choke again. But again as a baseball fan, this team should be winning but they wont until they make the necessary changes.

By the way Dusty cant manage! Neither can Ozzie, but Dusty has proved time and time again he doesnt know how to manage his pitchers and he cracks under pressure.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by jk99gtp@Sep 30 2004, 05:03 PM

but the way they've been playing lately I wouldnt even consider them a playoff team...
I love the Cubbies, but I whole heartidly agree with this. I was at the game yesterday when awkins blew the save. We have probably the best offensive team out there and probably one of the best pitching staffs. Our problem is that we're either pitching a great game and there is no offense to back it up or one of our "amazing" starting pitchers can't find the strike zone for four innings.

We're a great team as is, but we're certainly no play-off team, not this year at least.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
i agree with most of what you said Rocky... i think the first move should be the replacement of Dusty Baker , those were some of the most terrible managing calls on his part i have ever witnessed in a MUST WIN game...

Walker should of started this game, as should of Barrett .i dont really think Sosa has very much trade value . we are really missing a bonified closer... Hawkins is NOT a closer. he is (was) one of the premiere set up men in the AL.

bottom line is they had bases loaded THREE TIME'S and could not push across one stinkn run, how pathetic ! my little league all star team had better fundementals than the Scrubs displayed today.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
SOSA ugh...since he's off the roids, man he sucks ass...ship his ass to the yankees, cause you know chances are he'll end up there anyway.

patterson....buh bye.

alou....buh byee

garciaparra...buh bye(spend the 15 mill he's gonna want on you're bullpen)

grudz...buh bye

keep

lee
walker
ramirez
barrett

clement will leave and go to a team with run support and get 15 wins next season.

rusch is gonna start and might be decent.
maddux is consistent 12-15 game winner
zambrano needs mental help and he'll be ok
prior needs some time off to get healty again
wood is just the same, won't ever be that 20 strikeout guys

baker...eh, he got the cubs to the playoffs one, possible this year, keep him another and see what happens.

the cubs are pathetic though, and if they do make the playoffs it'll be a miracle as they have sucked ass lately and don't deserve it.

and i'm a diehard cubs fan, but they're just sad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info