3800 Recommendations on plug wires

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Don't get the Taylors, they suck. I got a whole year out of my last set. The pre-fit MSD's aren't bad...MSDs are made by Taylor, but the construction is a little better. If you want to make your own set try the Accel 300+ race wires. They will last forever, and have the lowest resistance per foot, even better than the Taylor 10mms.

kazoo

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
East Peoria
That is funny, I have been running the same MSD wires for over 5 years now and still running.

Hey Ron,
I know the MSD wires are about 50 ohms per foot. How do the Accell 300 compare? Yous said they have the least resistance. Do you know what that resistance is? Just wanted to know.

Also just to let you know I measered one of the MSD wires I made and it was about 2.5 feet and it was about 130 ohms. Than I measured the stock wire that was the same length and it was over a 1000 ohms. That suprised me.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I had my # 6 prj whire start arking to the 02 sensor for no aparent reason other than it was close enough to ark, but prj sent me a brand new one for free, shiping and every thing they did not evean require it back all they wanted was a picture to prove that I did not melt the whire

brett

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info