3800 intercooler/air conditioning

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
Hey what's up? My name is Brian.
I have my AC cooling off my coolant in the IC system. Basically this is how it works. My IC set up is exactly the same as those that use a radiator for the cooling. But replace the radiator with a "chiller".
What is the chiller?
I have a cylinder that is installed inline with the stock AC sytem. It passes the freeon through this cylinder during the AC's normal cycle. This brings the internal temperature of the chiller down to around 40 degrees. Now using a different passage, the water runs through it and leaves the other end after being exposed to this temperature. This is how it works. Sorry if I did not explain it right. Feel free to ask questions. I think it is pretty cool stuff. B)

B

blk n blwnmike

first ? is this a custom job or do i have to go buy an intercooler kit and run it through the a/c. i have a sperco i/c from my friends rear ended dsm gsx. can i use that intercooler and run it through the supercharger. were is the air intake at to be cooled and how is it injected back into the car? do u have some pics to post? how much did it cost. I know thats alot but i would greatly appriciate it if u could answer as many ? as possible deffinitly the pics. I need more boost and can't do it w/out an I/C.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
The spearco IC will not work on our cars....unless you live in australia, because they have air-air ICs.

For our cars, the IC is mounted between the supercharger and lower intake manifold. Air is pushed through it and cooled. Going through the IC are water/coolant channels. The water/coolant travels out of the IC and into a radiator at the front of the car. The outside air cools the water/coolant. Then a pump sends the cooled water back into the IC, where it cools the air that the supercharger is pushing.

What LP did was use the AC system to cool the water instead of the outside air cooling the water.

So in order to do this, you would need to buy an IC but not the front heat exchanger/radiator. And then run lines from the IC to the AC chiller. Then run lines from the AC chiller to the intercooler. Putting a pump in there somewhere. You would need to make the chiller yourself, unless LP is able to make it.

Hope that helps.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by 98 gtp toy@Sep 21 2004, 08:52 PM
that helped alot thanxs. so you have to buy a i/c kit and just convert it to the a/c right?

What you would need is basically the IC kit without the radiator. Then you would have to fabricate the AC setup. I would definitely talk with LP about this if your serious. Good luck.
im still waiting 8 months later, and its been 14 months total since payment :angry:

im loosing my "patience" = tolerant perseverance or forbearance.

14 months is "ridiculous" = unreasonable, absurd.

TRUTH!!!!!!

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
lol

Brian.. your intercooler is pretty good... but your service and attitude are not business like..

You are quickly loosing the support of the core purchasers, and backers of your product..

I would suggest putting all other orders aside, and getting J/O his IC as promised, months ago..

Whether you want to act like it or not.. you are running a business, and there are certain things people expect.. like keeping your word.. You must do this.. all the time.

You will quickly gain respect back, after J/O has his working IC in hand.

John

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by ThaLord@Sep 23 2004, 08:36 AM
lol

Brian.. your intercooler is pretty good... but your service and attitude are not business like..

You are quickly loosing the support of the core purchasers, and backers of your product..

I would suggest putting all other orders aside, and getting J/O his IC as promised, months ago..

Whether you want to act like it or not.. you are running a business, and there are certain things people expect.. like keeping your word.. You must do this.. all the time.

You will quickly gain respect back, after J/O has his working IC in hand.

John
I feel it's necessary to come to Brian's defense on the latest "delay" of Johnny's Intercooler. It was done a couple weeks ago, but Brian didn't have his amount of inventory correct and he could not fulfill my customer's order and give Johnny his replacment IC. As such, with us being new, I really didn't want to tell the customer we couldn't come through, especially after I told them we had the core on the shelf. So Brian asked Johnny on my behalf, for permission to use the IC to give my customer so that I could fulfil my obligations. Johnny was kind enough to do so.

Any other delays before or after this I am unaware of. Brian has bent over backwards to help us get these cores out to customer's and despite this one core, I believe he has done the same for others.

I don't want to get in the middle of a big pissing match that I have no place in, but I thought I would offer that explanation for at least a few weak's delay on J/Os core. Apparently, it was a favor gone wrong, though I do greatly appreciate it J/O as I expressed through the PM.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I do appreciate the advice. However the attitude I am confused about. I do not remember saying anything that was uncalled for. Call me if you want to talk about that. Nobody is getting an IC before J/O. I have talked to him 1,000 times through this. It is not what everyone thinks. It has been a rough road with him. I don't have any bad feelings towards him and I have tried to do some very personal things to try to mend with him. I will not talk about what they are because it is between me and him only. He is getting one very soon and I have talked to him about that.
There has been a lot of things said that are far from the truth. The one thing that is true, is that I really have done everything I can to get J/O his intercooler. It was the design changes that needed to be done and prototyping takes a while. And there is nothing that can speed that up.
I have nothing against anybody and I am doing exactly what you suggested.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Sep 23 2004, 11:18 AM
brian, i have tried to stay out of this, but i know for a fact that other people/companies have recieved intercoolers before j/o has. and seeing as he was one of the original investors for this project he should be your top priority, not the new vendors you are trying to sell it to.
Again, to clear the air, I am the person/ company in question and Brian had Johnny's permission to let us have the intercooler from the last batch. For anyone disputing this, please read my last post for a better explanation. Brian did not lie to Johnny or decieve him. To my knowledge he had full permission.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
There has been a lot of things said that are far from the truth

Tell us what they are.. and the truths behind them... so we can get through this.. only one way to straigten things out..

We aren't agiainst you.. just the business ethics.. so.. set us straight..

I really have done everything I can to get J/O his intercooler

The main reason we are getting on you.. is because we hear this is not true.. and other companies and people have gotten theirs already.. when J/O should have gotten his..

seeing as he was one of the original investors for this project he should be your top priority, not the new vendors you are trying to sell it to.

This is why we are getting on you.. we want you to succeed.. but you must work at communication.. and speculation... if it's not true.. that other companies/peoples got theirs before him.. (aside from Mike K, since he asked permission) then let us know.. tell us, these rumors are false..

Continue to work toward better business, and I guarantee you will make thousdands of these IC's

And One other thing... make sure that Customer Service ends with J/O, I also "hear" (I say it in quotes becuase maybe it's a rumer) that some other people aren't being taken care of...

Tell me if I am wrong.. maybe I am.. let's get it all out.. and in the open.. so we can all love each other again..

FYI: I am very happy with my IC, it works great, and I am sure the rest do the same.. but the first people that bought them.. aren't having the best luck..

We all love you.. but.. I hear it from several sides.. so I felt obligated to step in..

Hopefully within the next week or so.. we are back to saying how kick ass this IC is.. and not talking about this drama.

John

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Again, to clear the air, I am the person/ company in question and Brian had Johnny's permission to let us have the intercooler from the last batch. For anyone disputing this, please read my last post for a better explanation. Brian did not lie to Johnny or decieve him. To my knowledge he had full permission.
you are not the person and/or company i am talking about

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by ThaLord@Sep 23 2004, 11:30 AM
and one more thing (after I posted I see Mike K's post)

It isn't you we are talking about Mike... we understand your circumstances.. and Johnny knows this too.. it is a different set of circumstances..

John
you are not the person and/or company i am talking about

Understood gentlemen. Just wanted to make sure.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I understand John. I took care of the people who had the anodized cores-free of charge.When it came down to handing them out I was one short. Well since JO already had an IC on his car and we used to be friends, I made the call of shame and asked him if it was OK to wait until the next set was made so I could give this other person his IC. JO said that would be fine. I probably asked him at least 10 times.." You sure, because I do not want you mad at me." Then I thanked him 500 times for helping me out of my dilemma. So he could of had it like a month ago.
So JO would of had his the same time as these other "vendors". Meaning I did not give other people IC's and not JO....since he gave me permission. I know this whole thing sucks and I don't like people being mad at me. I thought JO did it to be a good friend. I am not blaming anyone else for anything. I do not hate JO. I know this problem will go away very soon and I hope everything will just go back to making people's cars faster and colder. Sorry to everyone for my mistake and maybe a bad business decision but I cannot take it back now. Sorry JO and everyone else

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info