Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
On my old pc..

1.6ghz amd athlon 1900+
768mb pc2100 ram
80 gig 8mb cach HD
Sound blaster Audigy X gamer

my Radeon 9000pro 128mb's fan went out... in the meantime it still runs... becuase i put a case fan on the under side of it to keep it temp cooled...

What is a good suggestion card to get... for some low end gaming? Counter-Strike and Quake 3 Arena with no FPS problems?

I preferably want ATI still. Without a fan, because that is an issue ATI always has

the 9200 le
the 9200 se

are both 128mb with no fan and arouns 250mhz/400 mhz

yet my 9000pro beats it, but i dont want that again because i want a card under $70.

Newegg has alot for under that with 128mb...

lemme know what you think?

There is also a 9250.... but those are like "no name" cars per say.... unlike the 9000Pro....9700pro....9800...9600xt..... you know those are the BIG NAME ones.... i want something fast for the price and can run q3 and CS under $70.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
ALSO!!

im curious to know why ATI's fans always crap out??

past experiences..

1friend's 9700 fan crapped out.. somehow he got a new heatsink/fan for it.

1 friend 9800pro fan crapped out.. FAIRLY NEW TOO!! had to get a whole new PC ( he had a frag box by Falcon NW) with a gf 5965 in it..

my brothers 9500pro, crapped out after about 1 year uknown

mine.. crapped out after about 2 years.. but still

why?

Fish: heh i know that is a good card... i know alot about video cards... the good ones... i just dont know anythig about the lower end ones.. I want something below $70 my 9800pro in my new PC kicks ass :) its just i use both computers just as often.. as each other..

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, if you get a new card, drop me a line. I may want your old one. Personally, I'd just fix the fan and keep it, but I don't use my computer for gaming at all. I just got a FX5200 based card with 128meg of ddr for $60. Newegg and Tiger direct are your friend. You may want to poke around the clearance room at the outlet in Naperville. I did see a few video cards in there last week that were of the high-end variety. Sometimes they run specials at www.mwave.com, but they usually only cater to the latest and greatest video cards that are $300-400 bucks.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by syP@Sep 21 2004, 02:42 PM
ok sounds good brian..

ron... where can i but a heatsink/fan for my broken fan on my video card?
Got a pic of the fan? I may have one. Otherwise you could buy some scrap parts from an outlet store and rig it on. Does the fan power from the PCI bus or from a 12v accesory lead? There are VGA coolers already on the market, the only thing is you'll need to hook the fan up to the 12v leads (4 pin). I'll look for a link...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• syP
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list