3800 Headlight Brightness

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Ok I have noticed now for a bit that my driver side headlight is much brighter than my passenger side headlight. I replaced both headlights on the same day and used the exact same brand of bulb? Does anyone else experience this?

Funny thing is the last week I have seen three GP's on the road and they all have this same problem! :blink: When coming from behind their drivers side headlight is much more brighter??? I even saw this happen this morning on my way to work!

Any suggestions or help would be great, cause it almost looks like I'm driving with one high beam and one regular headlight on.

Thanks
Rich

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Well, I talked to the guy, and he said they really don't have any rule of measure. :mellow: They just park the car about 15 feet away from an even wall, and line up the beams till they're even. At the very least, I guess if you did that, you should be able to see if it's the alignment or not.

Don't know about any other suggestions. Anyone else? :confused:

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
I had that problem.
And my light were aligned.

Take out the head light that is dimmer.

CHeck the wiring harness that is attached to the headlight. Unplug the harness from the car. Make sure this is not corroded or burned. My harness was burned up and my light would go in and out and also dim 60% of the time.

This harness can be bought at the dealer pirce was roughly 35.00

part # 16524161

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list