3800 looking for motor

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well, I got a motor that spun a bearing. One of the cylinders is scuffed and its in central IL. Would come with the pistons, rods, crank, wp, crank pulley all still assembled.

I will be home from school this weekend, but wont have time to go anywhere. So if interested, you would have to drive down to my place. Its in Morton, IL. Would only want $50.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
well have a couple different things.....

Have a short block L67 34K miles from a 99 regal. It popped a pist or two. Walls look decent. It coudl use a cleanign though as its been sitting in my garage. I have spare stock pistson if you need them.

I also have a fully built ... L36 long block. Heads have valve job, 105# springs, and have been adjusted to handle the XP cam. Pistons are 9.5:1 forged/coated. L32 connecting rods, xp cam, etc.....

The L36 engine would drop right in, but the heads don't have injctor bosses, so you'd either want to swap heads to gtp heads or you'd have to do some serious modifications....

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by gtphale@Sep 15 2004, 07:54 PM
Hmm Charles how much for the l36 block? Any pics? Also can use gtp heads and intake manifold with sc to run this in a gtp correct?
Hale,

give me an email addy and i'll send some pics.

Yes the shortblock of an L36 and an L67 are technically teh same. You could use the GTP heads and intake, etc, and be good to go.

My cost to get it together was approximately .... $600 for the orignal engine (stock L36 w/800 miles on it), ~$1300 parts (forged pistons, XP cam, L32 rods, lifters, pushrods, bearings, gaskets, and i'm pretty sure i bought head studs too). Labor to do the Head work and the engine work was just under $900.

My cost to get that engine then is around $2800 bucks..... You obviously don't need hte L36 heads nor the labor for the heads.... So that probably gets the shortblock closer to $2K and I'm VERY WILLING to negotiate that down as well. I need to liquidate both the grand prix's and the parts so there is some definite wiggle room there...

PM or email me with a phone # and we can talk about the details, etc.

thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info