3800 NO GPG for me

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
DAMMIT..

I mean I will be physically at GPG with my car.. BUt as always something goes wrong. I was all pumped up to race.. I have the IC in but no fittings.. Jegs better have to me today!!.

BUT!!

LTRIMS pegged at 16.4 AGAIN.. even with the ICCU ..so it is back..DAMMIT
IAC at 29 at idle..
Running ridiculously lean....
Car whistles at WOT..sounds bad ass..like a turbo..but its a leak i have to assume..

I spent 2 hours last night trying to find a leak. I sprayed everywhere I thought possible.. and nothing.. I looked at all the vacuum lines..and nothing..wrong..
The blower is missing 2 bolts one on the snout and the one right next to the TB on the right side. because I am un able to find bolts that length.

ANYONE I DESPERATELY need an M8x130 I am hoping this is where the leak is occuring..even though i sprayed that area a cple times and nothing..or can I borrow a 2000 stock TB..maybe the TB went south on me again...

I have the EGR blocked off is it possible a leak and whistle may come from there? I sprayed there also but nothing..

SO I wont be racing.. I still may atempt to do the autocross..BUt my rear brakes are bad.. SO I need to pick them up and do them tomorrow a.m. befor we leave..

UGHHHHH!!
:angry:

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I was there too....Im sure you used a little blak rtv on the lower manifold corners right? I use it in the valley corners on the block and back on top of the gasket between the manifold. Also try a thin feeler guage between the the manifold and IC core...I tryed spraying some starting fluid and the idle didnt respond either.
My trims didnt look bad either but the vac leak/feeler guage doesnt lie.

Butter both sides of a good gasket...Dont use that cheap paper shit. Go get the thicker stuff that has a little rubber content. The thicker the gasket here the better.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
he used GM #12346141 assembly adhesive to seal it, this stuff it the cats ass, way better than rtv

i scanned his car yesterday and tried to make some adjustments but the ICCU wouldnt respond because we couldnt get a reading from the tach, so it couldnt adjust the fueling. hopefully we can get it all worked out before friday.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Sep 14 2004, 08:14 PM
he used GM #12346141 assembly adhesive to seal it, this stuff it the cats ass, way better than rtv

i scanned his car yesterday and tried to make some adjustments but the ICCU wouldnt respond because we couldnt get a reading from the tach, so it couldnt adjust the fueling. hopefully we can get it all worked out before friday.
That stuff is good. If you want to save a little, the yellow tack adhesive is the same.

I still like to use the black rtv in the corners. Thats all I use except some spray tack in some cases. Basically, the manifold gaskets are a dry install.

No biggy though....Hope you guys get it straightened up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info