3800 Poly Motor Mounts

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by jk99gtp@Sep 13 2004, 11:15 PM
Thanks guys, Looks like I'll be ordering a set of these :D
If you are close to Bolingbrook, I can take your stock mounts and make them adjustible to lock them in place as another option. It'll avoid the hassle of removing the old rubber, and you can adjust them stiffer than the poly's.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Sep 14 2004, 08:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ron Vogel @ Sep 14 2004, 08:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jk99gtp@Sep 13 2004, 11:15 PM
Thanks guys, Looks like I'll be ordering a set of these  :D
If you are close to Bolingbrook, I can take your stock mounts and make them adjustible to lock them in place as another option. It'll avoid the hassle of removing the old rubber, and you can adjust them stiffer than the poly's. [/b][/quote]
Ron,

I am in Forest Park and unfortunately I placed an order for new mounts already, but I am curious as to how this works? Would this work even if my front mounts are worn out? Snoop looked at my motor/downpipe awhile back and when I put the car in D it flexes pretty badly, so I was just guessing that my fronts are just worn. Hopefully my rear mounts are fine, cause Im sure those arent fun to replace ;)

Silver,

Thank you for the offer. However I have already placed my order before I saw your post, appreciate it tho!

Thanks guys!

Joel

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by jk99gtp+Sep 14 2004, 04:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jk99gtp @ Sep 14 2004, 04:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Sep 14 2004, 08:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jk99gtp
@Sep 13 2004, 11:15 PM
Thanks guys, Looks like I'll be ordering a set of these  :D

If you are close to Bolingbrook, I can take your stock mounts and make them adjustible to lock them in place as another option. It'll avoid the hassle of removing the old rubber, and you can adjust them stiffer than the poly's.
Ron,

I am in Forest Park and unfortunately I placed an order for new mounts already, but I am curious as to how this works? Would this work even if my front mounts are worn out? Snoop looked at my motor/downpipe awhile back and when I put the car in D it flexes pretty badly, so I was just guessing that my fronts are just worn. Hopefully my rear mounts are fine, cause Im sure those arent fun to replace ;)

Silver,

Thank you for the offer. However I have already placed my order before I saw your post, appreciate it tho!

Thanks guys!

Joel [/b][/quote]
I slip an Aluminum plate in the stock rubber mount on the front slit of the bushing. On the engine side, I drill a hole and weld a nut to the outside of the mount housing. A set screw goes there to lock down the mount, or to limit it's travel. It's slick and discreet.

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Sep 14 2004, 05:56 PM
I slip an Aluminum plate in the stock rubber mount on the front slit of the bushing. On the engine side, I drill a hole and weld a nut to the outside of the mount housing. A set screw goes there to lock down the mount, or to limit it's travel. It's slick and discreet.
Ron, how long have you had this done to your car? Do you see the same results as someone would with Poly mounts or even the Aluminum mounts?
Just kind of curious as to what you think of it compared to the other solutions.

Whats your going rate $$$, for the mod that is :ph34r:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by rjaz gtp+Sep 14 2004, 05:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rjaz gtp @ Sep 14 2004, 05:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel@Sep 14 2004, 05:56 PM
Ron, how long have you had this done to your car? Do you see the same results as someone would with Poly mounts or even the Aluminum mounts?
Just kind of curious as to what you think of it compared to the other solutions.

Whats your going rate $$$, for the mod that is :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
I've had it for 2 1/2 years this way with no issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info